BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

In the name of the God of Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob, don't say "mask"!  😁😇   

Hopefully someone will start another Mask thread, that way I can post "In before the close" and cross that off my DCP Bucket List lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

( wait what’s this referring to ? ) 

find the Drum Corps Coffee Shop podcast...i believe it's the last ScoJo episode

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 10:50 AM, craiga said:

I have heard around a dozen vets; no returning vets at all in the drum line. Can anyone confirm?

That is correct. No drumline vets. One bass drum was contracted for 2020, but covid. However, my daughter has been in the activity for 5 years and has been with Carolina Gold, Shadow, Crown, Boston, several years with GMU. So no experience with BD, but plenty of experience.

Edited by lyndakay27
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, lyndakay27 said:

That is correct. No drumline vets. One bass drum was contracted for 2020, but covid. However, my daughter has been in the activity for 5 years and has been with Carolina Gold, Shadow, Crown, Boston, several years with GMU. So no experience with BD, but plenty of experience.

I know your daughter and she will be a great addition to their bass line!

• Like 4

We are heading into the last two weeks of ST for the premier. Whose got any updates on Blue Devils progress ? without giving anything away,  what's the Tea ?:spitting:

• Like 1

Blue Devils "rookies" are, more-than-likely: A. Seasoned top notch vets from another corps or B. Very talented musicians with top tier BOA experience and talented guard individuals from top tier WGI units. 
I can still see The Blue Devils winning a DCI Championship with a corps filled with, mostly, rookies. There is no way in Hades that they would place lower than 4th. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, corps8294 said:

Blue Devils "rookies" are, more-than-likely: A. Seasoned top notch vets from another corps or B. Very talented musicians with top tier BOA experience and talented guard individuals from top tier WGI units. 
I can still see The Blue Devils winning a DCI Championship with a corps filled with, mostly, rookies. There is no way in Hades that they would place lower than 4th. 

...unless there were four corps better than them.

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, craiga said:

...unless there were four corps better than them.

That is absolutely possible any year. Nothing last forever. At some point BDs top two run will come to an end. 

However BD has "Earned" the benefit of the doubt. I won't believe BD outside the top two until I see it. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

That is absolutely possible any year. Nothing last forever. At some point BDs top two run will come to an end. 

However BD has "Earned" the benefit of the doubt. I won't believe BD outside the top two until I see it. 

I still have them in the top 2 in my prediction!

7 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

We are heading into the last two weeks of ST for the premier. Whose got any updates on Blue Devils progress ? without giving anything away,  what's the Tea ?:spitting:

Even my daughter isn’t saying much! She says it’s the toughest book she’s done. Drill is strong. Everyone is enjoying Wyoming. That’s all I’ve got!

• Thanks 5