Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

3 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Hostile? You think I'm being hostile? Wow...okay. I think you need to find some troll forums to find out what online hostility means, Terri. I am in no way being hostile. 

Help me understand how I was rude.  I would really like to know. Someone called me out on here.  I responded. 

1 hour ago, purenjoyment said:

What about Bluecoats and Boston ?Crown only beat Boston by 1 point at their home show. After you factor in the home field judging component Crown and Boston are in a tight battle. 

Not really. That is a huge “only” …. 1 point in Drum Corps H2H is like two touch downs.  I’m not gonna argue but I fully appreciate BAC’s improvement. There is just not enough show to compete for Gold and Bloo is just off the mark  I think those two might fight for Bronze but I’m betting on Bloo 

plus this is a Crown forum .. and worth mentioning BAC lost their home show to Bloo  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

Home field judging component? Where do you people come up with this stuff?

I wouldn't call it a home field judging component. IMO the placements were not skewed. There was one judge from Washington DC, the others from Georgia, South Carolina and Florida. I'm sure it was a cost effective decision considering geographics. Also, I would be very surprised if anyone from the panel will be judging in Indy. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Seemed kind of rude to me, but then again, when in Rome...

Then that's just you. I saw nothing rude about it.

I live in Rome. It's not rude there either. 

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, BWise said:

Not really. That is a huge “only” …. 1 point in Drum Corps H2H is like two touch downs.  I’m not gonna argue but I fully appreciate BAC’s improvement. There is just not enough show to compete for Gold and Bloo is just off the mark  I think those two might fight for Bronze but I’m betting on Bloo 

plus this is a Crown forum .. and worth mentioning BAC lost their home show to Bloo  

BWise....Bloo was not at Boston's home show.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

I wouldn't call it a home field judging component. IMO the placements were not skewed. There was one judge from Washington DC, the others from Georgia, South Carolina and Florida. I'm sure it was a cost effective decision considering geographics. Also, I would be very surprised if anyone from the panel will be judging in Indy. 

I know your allegiances are elsewhere Poppy but you are always pretty candid and accurate. Crown might not win .. easily could not .. thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, BWise said:

Actually, Bloo wasn't at the BAC home show, which was in Quincy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, craiga said:

BWise....Bloo was not at Boston's home show.

Apologies. I stand corrected. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Barneveld said:

Actually, Bloo wasn't at the BAC home show, which was in Quincy.

I’ve already corrected this. Apologies. The remainder stands. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BWise said:

I think this is a matter of getting shows confused. People always seem to get CrownBEAT and NightBEAT confused too. Lol.

• Haha 1