Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

Just now, CAtenhut said:

Well, first tell us what your opinion is and then we'll let you know if it's objective or not. 😂

I don't have opinions about placements, but I can objectively say that Crown has my favorite show this year.  

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Barneveld said:

I am one of those people. What is the difference between the two?

Probably about $500, for a family of four. But this is what ya get:

F815C32E-6243-473E-87F7-0703565088B0.jpe

If it were for a Wake Forest football game, you’d likely need to take a 2nd mortgage

9D98660C-AA97-43EF-ABC2-C86640414094.jpe

Edited by nsxanax
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, skevinp said:

Maybe it’s because I’m going in for a biopsy on Wednesday, but my mind is heavy lately with the importance of not wasting time on things that don’t matter.

Internet communications are a minefield for confusion and misunderstandings.  No one ever knows what anyone meant.  

I like all of you and I think you would all like each other in person.  Let’s get over ourselves and each other and focus on what matters.  Good drum corps and good times.

I hope your results come quickly and show all is well!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CAtenhut said:

Too many biased opinions on these threads. My objective opinion... YES, OPINION... is BD and Crown are the top 2. Bluecoats and Boston just don't have the content to compete for the gold medal this year. For BD and Crown,I think either can win any caption on any given night, except maybe Crown has the brass edge and BD percussion. We should all just be proud of these "kids" and thankful and excited that we have competitive drum corps again and the top 10 or 11 corps are all putting out some kick a-- shows. Now CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!?!?!

I second this. While i like Bd more than Crown (for right now) these two clearly have the most content yes 100%. Crowns show has a kind of… hokeyness that I don’t love yet. But I think for them this show is a good move

I'm glad Crown went back to their campy style. It's part of what helped them climb their way to the top. I missed this part of their identity. Plus after coming out of Covid, having no season in 2020 and no competitive season in 2021, its a breath of fresh air to me. Dark is out, camp is in! Bring on the cheese!!!

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I'm glad Crown went back to their campy style. It's part of what helped them climb their way to the top. I missed this part of their identity. Plus after coming out of Covid, having no season in 2020 and no competitive season in 2021, its a breath of fresh air to me. Dark is out, camp is in! Bring on the cheese!!!

I hadn’t thought of it as “campy” but I like that word for it!!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Poppycock said:

I wouldn't call it a home field judging component. IMO the placements were not skewed. There was one judge from Washington DC, the others from Georgia, South Carolina and Florida. I'm sure it was a cost effective decision considering geographics. Also, I would be very surprised if anyone from the panel will be judging in Indy. 

Actually the only ones who don’t judge Indy are Moss and Jenkins. All the other judges Judge Indy! 

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I hadn’t thought of it as “campy” but I like that word for it!!

I think we would all love DCI more if we learned to appreciate these shows for what they are, rather than for what we want them to be -- for what they do, rather than for what we think they should be doing. Because what they are and what they do, top to bottom, traditional and not, is amazing.

That is w/o question, one of the most elegant, concise signature statements I’ve ever come across in my travels on these forums. 

Exceedingly well said, my friend🏆

• Like 3

On 7/10/2022 at 7:48 PM, Incognito365 said:

Why back in my day we marched monsoons!!! A little bit of electricity never hurt anyone! A boost of extra energy is all it is!!!

In all honesty, my tv decided to do a restart last night right after Chandelier so I was looking forward to getting to see the beginning of the opener with the changes...

I remember back in HS marching our show in the middle of a Tropical Storm with our ponchos on and without electronics naturally. Easily my most memorable night in band, we had an ELECTRIC show. The football game itself was incredible too, adding even more fun into the night. 

20 minutes ago, Flguardman said:

Actually the only ones who don’t judge Indy are Moss and Jenkins. All the other judges Judge Indy! 

Is Mike Stone on GE for finals ? Like final night finals. 

Edited by BWise