5. Crown

6. Phantom

7. Cavaliers

8. Mandarins

9. Cadets

10. Blue Stars

11. Crossmen

12. Madison Scouts

Good list brother! But wow, I have a hard time seeing Blue Knights out of the top 12. Unless there are some massive changes (for the worst) going on in Denver that I don't know about. That's a tough one to swallow. 

No knock on you, speaking in general, but people better get their shots in on the Cadets while they can. I believe at some point the Cadets will remind all of us why they are one of the big dogs that run the yard. Not a matter of IF, but WHEN.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Just a general observation - Ties for 12th place aside, because of math for every corps that was not in 2019 finals that makes finals in 2022, a 2019 finalist will drop from finals.

Oh for sure. I just don't think it's going to be BK

5 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Oh for sure. I just don't think it's going to be BK

We'll see. 

What I would like to see is a situation where the top 4-6 Corps are trading victories every contest, as well as the lower placing Corps.    Then it would be a real contest to see who wins on any given night, as well as who make finals.  

In other words, I hope all the designs are equally good - let the decision come down to performance.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Taking a wild shot in the dark:

1. BD

2. Boston

3. Bluecoats

4. SCV

5. Crown

6. Phantom

7. Cavaliers

8. Mandarins

9. Cadets

10. Blue Stars

11. Crossmen

12. Madison Scouts

Ah crap, I forgot BK. Sorry Blue Knights. Ok, now I have to redo all of it again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sensi, your predictions are spot on...with one exception.   Don't be shocked if the Ott goes to Boston.  Yes, I know the mere thought is heresy to some.  Just don't be shocked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I want some of what the Boston crowd is smoking. Must have the good selects up there now, because their fans be out here wildin'!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Sensioto said:

I hope so! ⚙️ I hope many surprises are in store this season.

I expect a fair number of surprises after the 2 year suspension of judged competition. Nobody ( or few ) enjoy hearing that word " slotting " over and over again on social media...😀

Edited by Boss Anova

25 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I want some of what the Boston crowd is smoking. Must have the good selects up there now, because their fans be out here wildin'!

Way to elevate the level of discourse. 

• Haha 1

I do not know enough to offer a knee-jerk prediction by ranks, but I want to offer some things to consider. 

1) Crown, BD and SCV - Performative stagnation and age-outs. With two years without significant on-the-field MIM activity, that is enough to provide experience continuity with younger members, I firmly believe this will impact these three corps who chose to not field for a full season last year. With corps rising to the challenge last year and maintaining (in some cases improving) their level of excellence, those others will get a jump on the usual favorites. Which leads me to my second point.....

2) Boston, PR, Bluecoats, BK, Cavies - STEADY GROWTH. The 2021 season was wisely utilized by some corps to not only maintain their performative standards, but to push their ensemble to progress. I feel Boston's 2021 show would be very competitive in a normal year. If Phantom's reprisal of Harmonic Journey proved anything last year is that they have vastly improved their performance proficiency. Watch and listen to 2021 again not for nostalgia, but excellence. IF they continue on that track this year, Phantom will finish no lower than 7th. Of any sure bets I make this season, that is a hill I will die on. Less certain, but possible is either a Bluecoats or Boston victory. Finals has 12 corps for a reason, so I can't leave out......

3) Trends of the lower tier. Troopers, Colts, Pacific Crest, Crossmen and Madison Scouts. I feel the edgelord attitudes of folks dumping on Madison is based a lot more on them recently going co-ed than how they have grown in proficiency. The 2021 exhibition show was light-years beyond what was offered from the other 4 corps I have in this group. Crossmen truly struggled in their visual caption last year, I do not know how they can bounce back from it. Madison performed with swagger, polish, cleanliness and excellence. As much as the Troopers affect me sentimentally, the visual execution was not up to other finalist corps, although their musical captions were beastly. Colts and Pacific Crest will make the hunt for finals very interesting this year, but they will not pass Madison to accomplish that feat. I feel Crossmen will be the finalist corps to fall off this year IF they show no improvement in visual. If they do, well, the who the hell knows!?

4) Drum corps is finally back. I went ahead and subscribed to Flomarching with the recent announcement of new staff who actually understand staging and recording for the activity, and also that it will be the first time in three seasons we have had the activity back as it should be. The hunger and competitiveness of these groups to reestablish their identities will be savage. I expect some of the most captivating, aggressive, technical and entertaining shows in many years this summer. 

I know this is long, but I hardly post much anymore. I was a lot more mouthy back in the Y2K days 🙂

Edited by radiosteele
  • Like 6