2022 Season Predictions

1 hour ago, DrummerParent said:

I’m looking forward to seeing them but I have a hard time seeing them finish in the top 3.  I don’t doubt they’re great but outside of guard, they have to improve substantially in every caption RELATIVE to those that finished above them in 2019 to finish that high.  It’s so competitive at the top, that’s a really tall task.  I have my doubts that they finish higher than 5th, with 4th as a real stretch.

With everyone else reported to be younger than usual, this is a great opportunity for Boston, Crown, and Cavaliers to move up more quickly than normal this year.

They're all going to have polished designs, imho.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, craiga said:

Clearly, I wouldn't have made such a bold prediction if they had not improved tremendously across the board.   For the record,  they had improved considerably in 2021 over 2019.  I get that some folks like to pretend that 2021 didn't happen, but it did, and BAC took the season seriously. The hornline in particular has grown exponentially from 2021 and that hornline had done the same over 2019, both in numbers and quality.

Should Boston actually end up in the top 3, I wonder what the over and under will be on people saying, "it's not fair! Corps X, Y, or Z didn't go to Indy in 2021....."

I’m not against it, just have my doubts about it.  It’s really tight at the top and until BD drops, I’m going to assume they remain at the top.  Bloo seems to have more solidified itself at the 2-3 spot so I’m not expecting them to drop either.  Crown is my rooting favorite so we’ll see.  They’ve set themselves up pretty well also.  It’ll be tough.  We’ll see if they can crack the top 3.    

3 hours ago, DrummerParent said:

I’m looking forward to seeing them but I have a hard time seeing them finish in the top 3.  I don’t doubt they’re great but outside of guard, they have to improve substantially in every caption RELATIVE to those that finished above them in 2019 to finish that high.  It’s so competitive at the top, that’s a really tall task.  I have my doubts that they finish higher than 5th, with 4th as a real stretch.

Predictions/guesses are most often driven by bias or simply someone’s favorite corps being why that particular corps will or will not be successful.  No one seems ever to say their favorite corps will be  worse that the previous year.  But stating BAC has to be “substantially better” seems to not recognize that comparing corps from 2019, to BAC, when some corps have not been on the field in anyway since 2019.  Yet BAC did put a more typical competitive program out in 2021. As did Bluecoats.  Seems not to recognize in 2019 BAC was ranked and rated in 6th, but only 3.837 from 1st and 2.112 from 3rd.  So I don’t see needing to be substantially improved in ALL captions.  A little improvement in a few captions and getting credit where they have not gotten it but imo deserved it, in brass, could effectively provide the added acceptance and recognition where they are improved.  Taking 2021 seriously will certainly play well for them and Bluecoats this year.  I know what BAC is doing and what they have for numbers and mm’s, and I am confident they will advance.  Top 3 is not going to be a reach.

We’ll soon see in Detroit.

In any case this is going to be a good year for all.

• Like 5

Does anyone have any thoughts on corps reduced tours and schedules having any impact on cleaning, changes being made?  I’m thinking this season, you would need to be more prepared than ever when you hit the road.  Logistics might play a more important role in touring.  Lots of factors coming into play this year; Covid still, housing, transport/road costs, etc., etc.

11 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

We’ll soon see in Detroit.

We’ll see how they stack up to Bloo and Cavies.  BD, SCV and Crown won’t be there.  I’m not rooting against BAC and if they’re able to achieve 1st or 2nd, I’ll be happy for them.  But yes, two points is a lot of ground at the top.  Two points lower down in placement in that 7-10 range, no.  But at the top, 2-3 points is pretty big gap.

But anyway, there are at least a 1000 reasons I’m not a judge, not least of which is that I really don’t know what I’m talking about.  So, no reason to be concerned with what I think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, craiga said:

Clearly, I wouldn't have made such a bold prediction if they had not improved tremendously across the board.   For the record,  they had improved considerably in 2021 over 2019.  I get that some folks like to pretend that 2021 didn't happen, but it did, and BAC took the season seriously. The hornline in particular has grown exponentially from 2021 and that hornline had done the same over 2019, both in numbers and quality.

Should Boston actually end up in the top 3, I wonder what the over and under will be on people saying, "it's not fair! Corps X, Y, or Z didn't go to Indy in 2021....."

It will have the same over/under when/if BD goes top 2 for the 14th consecutive DCI Season, and the ABBD basement dwellers start their annual chanting of BD cheating and paying off judges, with once again zero proof or evidence of it happening. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

It will have the same over/under when/if BD goes top 2 for the 14th consecutive DCI Season, and the ABBD basement dwellers start their annual chanting of BD cheating and paying off judges, with once again zero proof or evidence of it happening. 

Well that won't come from me, Chief! I still expect them to be in the top 2!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, craiga said:

Well that won't come from me, Chief! I still expect them to be in the top 2!

Bro i have seen you post here often. You are one of the classy ones. Far from a basement dweller lol. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I'm NOT ABBD, but I am critical of how captions are judged, and what is rewarded in show design. I also know that BD will have impeccable marching technique, great guards, and great percussion performance and writing.

I don't always agree on other captions, especially when I see and hear things that aren't reflect in the scores or rankings.

I am also critical of other corps, including my favorite corps. I don't always like the shows from my corps either.

...and not everyone has to root for BD, or any other corps all the time.

Honestly, I root for the shows that I like. I am supportive of my previous corps, but I don't blindly say everything they do is the best....

• Like 4