2022 Season Predictions

11 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

After seeing the Mandarins live three nights in a row, if they indeed finish 11th.................this will be the greatest top ten we have ever seen in DCI. Mandarins are going to put the fear of God into those corps in the 7-9 range. 

I just don't get the hype. Maybe it has to be love but replays don't seem to have that energy everyone is talking about. But I also have only been WOW'd by BD so far. 

5 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I just don't get the hype. Maybe it has to be love but replays don't seem to have that energy everyone is talking about. But I also have only been WOW'd by BD so far. 

I have felt the same way mostly. It’s either a “natural rebuilding year” for drum corps, or the “best top 10 ever” bold claim honestly. But I’m leaning more towards the former. Gonna be going to the Denton show at basically midseaons’ point with I think all but 2 of the projected top 10 attending though so maybe my opinion changes. Doesn’t mean we’re not all excited though, even if there’s still a bit of rust to shake off for some corps!

2 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

I have felt the same way mostly. It’s either a “natural rebuilding year” for drum corps, or the “best top 10 ever” bold claim honestly. But I’m leaning more towards the former. Gonna be going to the Denton show at basically midseaons’ point with I think all but 2 of the projected top 10 attending though so maybe my opinion changes. Doesn’t mean we’re not all excited though, even if there’s still a bit of rust to shake off for some corps!

Idk I havent been a fan of design for a couple years. I understand world class is supposed to be pushing the envelope grandma doesn't get it but it also becomes segmented. If you can't tell what the theme is what's the point?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Idk I havent been a fan of design for a couple years. I understand world class is supposed to be pushing the envelope grandma doesn't get it but it also becomes segmented. If you can't tell what the theme is what's the point?

Understandable, haven’t seen or even heard everyone yet, so I’m withholding my judgement. I just hope that there’s one program I can cling to and really enjoy the whole summer and beyond. Typically there’s at least one of those a season for me haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I will say I have listened to less post season now than say 2015. I don't even show my students current shows trying to get them into the activity. 

But… your students would probably enjoy the current shows

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

After seeing the Mandarins live three nights in a row, if they indeed finish 11th.................this will be the greatest top ten we have ever seen in DCI. Mandarins are going to put the fear of God into those corps in the 7-9 range. 

Agree with you. My read on Mandarins (from a Flo perspective only) is that the show is certainly top 12 worthy, and the brass line might be their best yet. They have one seriously good brass line. We'll have to see how others do, but they are playing a big boy book and sound like a very good world class corps.