Airfare impact on DCI 2022

I have found it useful to sign up for text alerts from whichever airline I'm flying.  Also, if you're at the airport and your flight is cancelled, it's quicker to rebook by calling or going through their app as opposed to waiting in line at the counter. 

• Like 4

I had to look something up on a credit card statement from last year and discovered that this year I paid almost double of what I paid for last year’s tickets from American Airlines. Out of curiosity I looked up 2019 and 2022 was only $30 more. 

My biggest concern is cancellation. My flight has already been changed a few times. It’s not the flight to Indy that changes, it is the return trip, and with the Sunday after finals being one of the busiest non-holiday travel days in at the Indianapolis airport, I cleared my schedule for Monday, August 15th just in case my flight is cancelled.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I have found it useful to sign up for text alerts from whichever airline I'm flying.  Also, if you're at the airport and your flight is cancelled, it's quicker to rebook by calling or going through their app as opposed to waiting in line at the counter. 

OH!  Forgot one thing.  Even if you have a flight and it has not been cancelled look anyway to make sure you still have a seat assignment!!  We experienced all kinds of joy flying to Italy and Croatia last month from Los Angeles. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I check daily. I leave Wednesday morning. My flight was a flight that I had to cancel in 2020 when the world fell apart. I came in just under the gun to use it. It was a cheap flight as far that goes. $268 round trip from Atlanta. With the time that’s past and that trip bought and paid for, I kind of feel it’s a free flight. In saying that I probably just jinxed myself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjyaub said:

I check daily. I leave Wednesday morning. My flight was a flight that I had to cancel in 2020 when the world fell apart. I came in just under the gun to use it. It was a cheap flight as far that goes. $268 round trip from Atlanta. With the time that’s past and that trip bought and paid for, I kind of feel it’s a free flight. In saying that I probably just jinxed myself.

We got a pretty good fare for two on Allegiant from Punta Gorda.   About $700 round trip.  We booked early, too. 

51 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

We got a pretty good fare for two on Allegiant from Punta Gorda.   About $700 round trip.  We booked early, too. 

Ahhhhh Punta Gorda my retirement dream to live in one of those canal homes with an enclosed pool! Seriously!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjyaub said:

Ahhhhh Punta Gorda my retirement dream to live in one of those canal homes with an enclosed pool! Seriously!

Consider South Gulf Cove, too. Twelve miles from Boca Grande and on the cape.  That’s where we live.  They’re building like crazy here.  850 home starts this year. We love it here. 

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Is it true Allegiant gives you a discount if you help wind the rubber band for the propeller ?

• Haha 2