Airfare impact on DCI 2022

On 4/23/2022 at 12:32 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

To me this sounds like a bad idea.  Corps have folded using this approach.  For example, anyone here remember Magic in (I think 1999)?  Busses broke on tour, director used her personal credit card to pay bills until it was maxed-out.  The Corps was stuck for a few days - IIRC some Corps fed them a time or two as some busses were literally stuck & members aboard were without food.  A big mess all around.  So, no, don't address it after the season.  Live within your means.

Even worse then that...

...while on a 1982 tour in the United Kingdom, the corps' funds were embezzled, leaving members and staff stranded and financially insolvent in England. The Corps made it back home with the assistance of the US State Department for members under the age of 18, and all others paid their own way or received assistance from a handful of very generous supporters. The airline involved filed a receivership action, and several alumni stepped in to negotiate the release of title to the Corps' assets.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Crusaders_Drum_and_Bugle_Corps

Edited by Liahona

15 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Who does the audit though?

oh who knows. i realize transparency is lacking. Enron maybe?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I guess I’m going to Indy after all. What I don’t do for this old man. 🙄
We’re flying into Cincinnati from Punta Gorda on Allegiant.  I guess the fares weren’t too frightening.  Rented a car and it wasn’t too scary bad.  Got tickets from the Cadets and Cavaliers.  Thanks to them.  

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

We’re flying into Cincinnati from Punta Gorda on Allegiant.  I guess the fares weren’t too frightening.  Rented a car and it wasn’t too scary bad.  Got tickets from the Cadets and Cavaliers.  Thanks to them.  

It will be good to see you there!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

It will be good to see you there!

Same here!

I’m somewhere in 142.   Since we’re going on a cruise with my Sis and BIL to Key West for a few days next month and a trip to South Carolina in June, I had to be fair to him.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Allegiant Air; the airline that pays you to fly with them?  😁  I've made that drive up I-74 last summer.  Not too bad, just a few road construction delays.      

3 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Allegiant Air; the airline that pays you to fly with them?  😁  I've made that drive up I-74 last summer.  Not too bad, just a few road construction delays.      

My friends down here fly it a lot.  I can Uber to the airport from my house. Jim is from Cincinnati.  He can have chili at Camp Washington before we go to Indy. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

You live in Punta Gorda? We were just there for a couple of days a few weeks ago.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I live in South Gulf Cove in Port Charlotte.  If you went to Gasparilla Island or Boca Grande, you drove right past my house.  

We visited our next door neighbors who built a (for now) snowbird house in Punta Gorda. We had dinner one evening at a nice shopping area on the water.

We then drove to Fort Lauderdale for a 9-day cruise on the Celebrity Reflection.

• Like 1