Airfare impact on DCI 2022

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

We visited our next door neighbors who built a (for now) snowbird house in Punta Gorda. We had dinner one evening at a nice shopping area on the water.

We then drove to Fort Lauderdale for a 9-day cruise on the Celebrity Reflection.

I think you were at Fisherman’s Village in Punta Gorda.  That’s not too far from the airport we’re flying out of to Cincinnati.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well this is concerning.  Delta has already altered my departure & return flights for IND three times over the past couple of months.  I guess I can expect a cancelation email at anytime?  😬🙄      

Delta announced on its website on Thursday that from July 1 to Aug. 7, it would reduce service by about 100 daily departures, primarily in parts of the U.S. and Latin America that Delta frequently serves.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/flight-cancellations-pile-busy-memorial-150632790.html

• Sad 2

45 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Well this is concerning.  Delta has already altered my departure & return flights for IND three times over the past couple of months.  I guess I can expect a cancelation email at anytime?  😬🙄      

Delta announced on its website on Thursday that from July 1 to Aug. 7, it would reduce service by about 100 daily departures, primarily in parts of the U.S. and Latin America that Delta frequently serves.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/flight-cancellations-pile-busy-memorial-150632790.html

I just changed my travel plans from Wednesday 8/10 to 8/7.  We decided to go to the Cincinnati show 8/8 since we were making the trip.   No cancellations so far. 🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I really wanted to go to Finals, this year. The plane fare is just too high. I really wish they would hold the finals somewhere else. Indianapolis is not really a vacation destination. I have been there many times and other than DCI, there is nothing of interest to me. Hard to justify the trip for such a price, not including the DCI tickets

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, brassboy62 said:

I really wanted to go to Finals, this year. The plane fare is just too high. I really wish they would hold the finals somewhere else. Indianapolis is not really a vacation destination. I have been there many times and other than DCI, there is nothing of interest to me. Hard to justify the trip for such a price, not including the DCI tickets

What, are you kidding? How about this gem?

INDIANAPOLIS — The Guinness world record holder for the largest bounce house is coming to Indianapolis.

The Big Bounce America 2022 tour will inflate its four attractions at Waterman's Family Farm, located on the city's southeast side at 7010 E. Raymond Street, on May 14 and 15, as well as May 20 through 22.

• Haha 5

54 minutes ago, brassboy62 said:

Indy is not on my destination list! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If Indy is on anyone's destination list, they should be changing their travel agent.

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

If Indy is on anyone's destination list, they should be changing their travel agent.

People are going to laugh at me but that’s why we decided to go early and stay in Cincinnati longer.  IMO, Cincinnati is a culturally more interesting city than Indianapolis and I figured I may as well spend three days there, too. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I enjoy going to the Indiana State Fair on the Wednesday I arrive and that’s about it for excitement in Indianapolis, but do people attending finals do a great deal of sightseeing? When finals was held in Foxboro I seem to remember at least some complaints of hotels not being located near the stadium, and the people I knew who traveled a distance did not make day trips to Boston, the Cape, Newport, or the coast of Maine, though they did discover the Wrentham Outlets, an outlet mall no different than any other outlet mall. I think most people who travel to finals usually fly in for the shows then go home.

21 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I enjoy going to the Indiana State Fair on the Wednesday I arrive and that’s about it for excitement in Indianapolis, but do people attending finals do a great deal of sightseeing? When finals was held in Foxboro I seem to remember at least some complaints of hotels not being located near the stadium, and the people I knew who traveled a distance did not make day trips to Boston, the Cape, Newport, or the coast of Maine, though they did discover the Wrentham Outlets, an outlet mall no different than any other outlet mall. I think most people who travel to finals usually fly in for the shows then go home.

It's a no for me.  I guess I'm in the minority, but I go for the CEUs, to learn, & the shrimp cocktail.  (Also watch former students & be entertained by some great corps.)  I have driven & flown to IND.  I prefer to fly & Uber/Lyft to a downtown hotel.  Once I'm in the hotel, I really don't want to venture outside of the stadium perimeter.  Guess I'm boring... 💤   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx