FLO questions

15 minutes ago, waliman4444 said:

FLO sucks!!!....Re-plays are a joke..For the money I'm paying I should at least expect a flawless production..And as someone stated earlier, the re-play should NOT be worse than the original broadcast..peace

Welcome to the wonderful world of Flo.  Some people have great success while others struggle.  Connections (both on-site and user) are part of the problem for "live" productions.  However, post-production is limited by many items such as sync rights, turn-around time and others.  It is all we have available to us.  That is why many of us only get it for the couple of months during the season and then dump it right after finals.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Ok going to sign up for Flo this weekend so I have time to cancel after Finals before the second month kicks in. Give me a chance to see 2022 version on DCI.

Has Flo released a MB schedule yet as all I can find is DCI. If anything want to see the all day MB show at Allentown that was covered in the past. This show had HS Bands and few college bands (including my Alma mater).

thanks in advance

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, skevinp said:

I’m wondering what my chances are of getting decent coverage in a hotel room, as I will likely be out of town much of the season.  

At home I did Wi-Fi to laptop then hdmi to tv, but I don’t know how good Wi-Fi will be in a hotel or whether the tv they use is likely to have hdmi connections.

For my stays in the Hilton portfolio, I have the option to upgrade the wifi for a fee but have always used the standard complimentary service with the room.  Most of the time it provides good service for my daily routine for school, etc.  

But if I use it for Flo later this month, I'll try the upgrade.  The last time I used it for Flo several years ago, I had streaming issues with the standard wifi.  I will be canceling my Flo at the end of this 30-day period as I'll be traveling to Indy.  (Obviously to be bored & nothing to do, but that's another thread.) 😁🤔🤐         

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok going to sign up for Flo this weekend so I have time to cancel after Finals before the second month kicks in. Give me a chance to see 2022 version on DCI.

Has Flo released a MB schedule yet as all I can find is DCI. If anything want to see the all day MB show at Allentown that was covered in the past. This show had HS Bands and few college bands (including my Alma mater).

thanks in advance

Way to go, Jim! Just think, before long, you'll be whining, screaming, kicking, beechin' and moanin' just like the rest of us. Welcome to our world. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

thanks in advance

Negative Ghost Rider.  They have link selections under events for MB, BOA, USBands, etc, but nothing listed. It's not really a "user friendly" website.  Kind of like the DCI website...   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Way to go, Jim! Just think, before long, you'll be whining, screaming, kicking, beechin' and moanin' just like the rest of us. Welcome to our world. 

For a month anyway 😆.

I can crank up my usual beef about watching Division II and Division III sports online with no issues…. And that Div III football stadium doesn’t look too high tech 😱

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Negative Ghost Rider.  They have link selections under events for MB, BOA, USBands, etc, but nothing listed. It's not really a "user friendly" website.  Kind of like the DCI website...   

Flo does not stream BOA, only US Bands. Box5 Media streams BOA now, as well as DCA

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

Flo does not stream BOA, only US Bands. Box5 Media streams BOA now, as well as DCA

Just checked Box5 and they are selling online access like they do for DCA. IOW you pay for the event and not an open subscription.

TBH, the only issue I has was during the East Coast Classic when  the director couldnt agree on a camera...i think i got vertigo with all of the Camera switching. Otherwise the quality has been really good, especially on my Apple TV device. My beef has been with the commercials that pop up in  the middle of performances when launching the app, annoying directed commercial (i mean as much as I pay, i shouldn't be seeing commercials), and the fact that they took away rewinding from the Apple TV app. And of course the copyright stuff that annoying AF.

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Just checked Box5 and they are selling online access like they do for DCA. IOW you pay for the event and not an open subscription.

BOA will have their steaming website up closer to season start, theydid last year. They did have a whole season option last year (boalive.tv)

• Thanks 1