DCI Tour Premier?? 6/28/22

6 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Those colors would be sorta hard to miss.  

Yeah, with that costume ... Lol.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Bluecoats. I have no idea what it was about but it was so wildly creative! The look and oversaturated color reminds me of 70's Saturday morning kids' television, like H.R. Puff-n-stuff (look it up) crossed with trippy album covers of the time. Just FUN.

The clown pants, metallic shirts, crazy electronics and the car axle props. Yes, yes yes!

Crown can still get into the mix of the top 3, but I don't see how its not a race between BC and BD right now. Nothing else is close.

Cavaliers - also fun, but a mess, and not finished.

Boston - I think they picked the wrong mood for the audiences right now. Dark, stiff and down ending. It didn't sell. Also, giant badminton birdies.

Blue Stars - I just kept thinking how much I would hate to the be the guy in long coat, long sleeve shirt and full jacket sleeves marching next to the guy with a short coat and no sleeves. Talk about a raw deal. lol

Crossmen - I would not have guessed it was them.

PR - starting to return to form.

I really noticed how the lower tier had so little marching overall, and not much velocity. Things have really changed in the past several years.

• Like 2

Hoping the sound issue had something to do with the broadcast as well. 

Tonight made me so much more excited for Indy! 

1 minute ago, treved said:

Woah, Bluecoats guard over BAC? Daaaang. I thought they were fantastic, but thought they’d still be comfortably behind BAC. 

Well it’s just one judge on one night. BAC scored higher in potential and difficulty while BC scored higher in execution.  Same thing happened several times in 2019 but we know what happened in the end. 

11 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

In that case, Bloo definitely needs to turn the synths down. Despite Flo reducing mic levels, I could still hear static on some of their chords 

It wasn’t there live. Clear as a bell. 

1 minute ago, Den8uml said:

Well it’s just one judge on one night. BAC scored higher in potential and difficulty while BC scored higher in execution.  Same thing happened several times in 2019 but we know what happened in the end. 

Oh for sure, was just not expecting that at all 😅

Loved PR, the Cavalie, and the Lou-Coats.

Respect to the Napoleonic Cosplayers. Будем здоровы! À votre santé!

Need to see BAC again, might be a favorite, but I feel like I need to roll it around in my head. 

X-Men will absolutely grow on me, but not there yet.

Thrilled to see shows again.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

This guy didn't care for Phantom brass at all which baffles me a tad.

Phantom's brass staff are letting them blow the "gunk" out of the horns as they build endurance. It's a different approach vs what some corps do which is more balance and blend and safe volumes until the performers get stronger. Regiment is going full-out for now, but will then begin finessing the sound more, adding the nuance, and dealing with the tone, intonation and blend over the coming weeks. Trust me, as this brass line cleans they will be very good. I love the book. Would prefer they get rid of the props. Did nothing for me, but otherwise I love just about everything else about the show. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 4