DCI Tour Premier?? 6/28/22

22 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

My thoughts exactly in June 2017, June 2018 and June 2019. I've learned never to count BD out. Until something drastic changes in Concord, they'll be at the top, fighting for the title, every year.

My Grandfather (RIP) was a huge Chicago Cubs fan. Every year going back to when he married my grandmother in 1957, he said the Cubs would win the World Series.

Every Spring like clockwork, he would say this is the Cubs year.

Well it took Granddad 59 years before he was correct, but the Cubs did win it all in 2016. 

I guess if some people like the poster you responded to keep saying the same thing over and over each year, they are bound to be correct eventually, nevermind the multiple times they were dead wrong allowing us to collect receipts on them and their comments. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Bloooo - Same formula with a fresh take.

BD - Same formula with a stale take. 

Well luckily for us "Stale Take" isn't part of the scoring sheets. 

Keep pissing them off BD!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Ok, so Boston is very good...like Really Good! At this point the show is not a GE monster, but you can see clearly that they don't lack in performance captions regardless of where their scores were for tonight. To this point (only need to see Cavaliers next) this is absolutely the BEST brass line at this show. Again, I am not sure where they scored but don't worry so much about that now. Their articulations were clearly better than anyone and the demand, range, and professional way they handle their book is excellent. I absolutely expect this brass line to move up in scoring as the season progresses. This will certainly be one of their strengths. So will the guard. Again, scores aside from tonight, this guard should be in the hunt at some point. So Boston could potentially be top 3 in guard and brass. Not bad. And we will see how this percussion line does. I think their issue and what needs more work is visual analysis and GE. They have got to find a way to drive this show from a visual and GE perspective and not just musically. That guard will help. It's early. Let's see what they do but they clearly have performers. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

That's the most whacked Bloo show to date... by a long shot.

This might be the only real commentary that I will have time to give this year, as life is crazy busy lately.

But jeepers.  This program is like a Slurpee tumor immediately following a jalapeño sinus cleansing.

If they cram in some more brass features and a couple more visual impacts near the end... then they very well make take BD on their own terms of gratuitous exhibition of pretentious BS.

Have you just never heard of the ‘60s, or…? 

Bloo’s show may be a little unexpected in the drum corps context, but in terms of the actual aesthetic, it’s pretty straightforward 60s stoner acid vibes, no? Idk where “Slurpee tumor” came from but if that’s what your Slurpees are like I beg you to hook me up with your supplier, stat!

The range of things that DCP calls pretentious has gotten outta hand, IMO. Stray one hair past Malagueña boulevard and it’s like you’ve committed murder, yeesh. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Well luckily for us "Stale Take" isn't part of the scoring sheets. 

Keep pissing them off BD!!

I had BD’s back in 2010 and 2013 when everyone was hating on them. They will perform the heck out of their show as always and that gets my respect. 

• Like 1

Coming back to DCP for the first time in a while to say; Phantom getting last in brass is freaking insane. Like, what the heck?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, noahsigs said:

Coming back to DCP for the first time in a while to say; Phantom getting last in brass is freaking insane. Like, what the heck?

Welcome back

2 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Have you just never heard of the ‘60s, or…? 

Bloo’s show may be a little unexpected in the drum corps context, but in terms of the actual aesthetic, it’s pretty straightforward 60s stoner acid vibes, no? Idk where “Slurpee tumor” came from but if that’s what your Slurpees are like I beg you to hook me up with your supplier, stat!

I am a Bluecoat.  Don't take me for anything but a fair critic.

This show is not like anything they have ever done before, and it tracks closely with the contemporary Blue Devil aesthetic.  Pretty sure that I'm not saying anything that is remotely controversial or contrary to fair observation.

On another note, you may know of the Slurpee tumor by another name, "brain freeze" or "ice cream headache".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1