DCI Tour Premier?? 6/28/22

2 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Phantom's brass staff are letting them blow the "gunk" out of the horns as they build endurance. It's a different approach vs what some corps do which is more balance and blend and safe volumes until the performers get stronger. Regiment is going full-out for now, but will then begin finessing the sound more, adding the nuance, and dealing with the tone, intonation and blend over the coming weeks. Trust me, as this brass line cleans they will be very good. I love the book. Would prefer they get rid of the props. Did nothing for me, but otherwise I love just about everything else about the show. 

It’s quite interesting because I remember they used to do the opposite

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Phantom and blue stars guard total score higher than cavies.  Even without a show finally that doesn’t make sense. 

I just watched a replay.  It makes sense tonight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wynalazca said:

Watching on Flo. What in the world is Boston doing? Their pants look terrible when standing with legs spread or crouching. Why is the battery in black? They get lost on the field. And the music is just whack. Passing off 2 bar phrases of the main wonderful world theme? Wtf? Sounds terrible.

I agree. I was disappointed in this show. I do think it's a better design than 2017-2019 - well playing more to the sheets. I think they've been overhyped once again. Going to be tough for this show to medal. I mean people saying they are on BD's level. Ridic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There's no way this season isn't going to be another BD - Bloo showdown for the title. These two will be 1-2 all season.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Well it’s just one judge on one night. BAC scored higher in potential and difficulty while BC scored higher in execution.  Same thing happened several times in 2019 but we know what happened in the end. 

And 2019 has no baring on what will happen this season. Any number of guards can win best guard this year.

Watching the performances in reverse order on Flo, Cavaliers, Blue Stars and BAC are my favorite so far. I’ll have to give Bluecoats another chance later. I felt like I was watching a Blue Knights show, but I usually like Blue Knights shows.

Edited by jaylogan
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

First and foremost let's start by saying that it takes guts and confidence to perform a show like that of Bluecoats. They are not concerned with anyone else. They just do their thing. It blew me away as far as overall design. I was not expecting that at all. I think the design and overall outline of what they want to do is there. This is a bit slower start for them than in 2019. Brass will be fantastic by mid season but right now they do need a lot of work. Percussion seemed very strong. Drill is super effective until about the last few minutes. I think the closer is not fully realized yet. Guard was wonderful. I like most of the props. Need more time seeing this. Love the wheels. 

Not sure how this will place but I think they check a lot of boxes in terms of design, effect, and it will come down to performance captions for them this year. And certainly the effect of the show will strengthen as they tweak things. 

DCI may need drug dogs at the gates as people enter the stadium Finals week. I also sense a shift in clothing sales this summer. DCI Finals might look like a Soul Train convention in 1969. 

Watching at home I’m like, is this what it’s like to drop acid?!?!? Did I step into a Hunter S Thompson novel?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1