Saturday, July 9th ... “CrownBEAT” … River Bluff High School – Lexington, SOUTH CAROLINA

Just now, crownisking said:

Also fair. When I made my member name, I wasn’t a very mature fan. If you look back far enough, you’ll see that I’ve made some truly cringeworthy posts when I first started posting here. Lately, I’ve been a lot more neutral. Crown is still the home team but I’m more of a fan of the activity these days

It's a lot more enjoyable when are!

I still have a "home team" as well, but there's usually something I enjoy about every show.

20 minutes ago, WarriorWay said:

Imo this should  still make Crown nervous and doesn’t separate them much from much from the top groups. But hey they’re up there

Boston didn’t win any sub captions except perc. “Nervous” is the word I’d use. If some do the captions were a bit more back and forth sure but… 98% 1st doesn’t really scream “close” to me. 

• Thanks 1

I will still call this now, top two is Crown and BD.  Bloo is growing on me though and could replace BD, IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, charlie1223 said:

Boston didn’t win any sub captions except perc. “Nervous” is the word I’d use. If some do the captions were a bit more back and forth sure but… 98% 1st doesn’t really scream “close” to me. 

Boston won guard and percussion tonight, for the record. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, charlie1223 said:

They won guard over Crown, too. Of the 13 subcaptions they lost to Crown, they were down by a tenth. Crown surely deserved the win tonight, but being the smallest of margins ahead of Boston by most judges would seem really close to me.

• Like 5

It was great to see live drum corps again! Humid, but cooled off at the end.

I’d been to the venue a couple times for shows. It’s nice for a SC HS, but a little small. If they could bring in a few more corps, I think they could fill a larger stadium pretty well. I would love to see them at Williams Brice Stadium (U of SC) in the future!

6 minutes ago, craiga said:

Boston won guard and percussion tonight, for the record. 

Biggest thing about this is that Boston was ahead in guard content. If they can clean clean clean, then they will certainly be on the hunt for another zengali.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Biggest thing about this is that Boston was ahead in guard content. If they can clean clean clean, then they will certainly be on the hunt for another zengali.

They are doing some very difficult moves out there that no one else is attempting . Just not executing perfectly yet but plenty of time left for that 

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 6