What are your controversial marching arts opinions?

gonna rapid fire this one 
- modern dci (2000s+) > classic dci (70s-90s) 
- played synth in marching band, so obviously i love synth and people need to stop hating on its inclusion. i worked just as hard as the rest of pit, and had just as big of an impact on the show 
- i 💜 artsy show themes 
- i'm a big fangirl of shows with big/impressive props 
- "gimmick shows" (spartacus, downside up, tilt) are my jam 
- blue devils 2011 is my favorite bd show 
- house is not a home is a beautiful song and should be a national anthem or something 
- i don't care if woodwinds get into dci or not because sax parts in high school band SLAP  
- i really liked jagged line 
- i love voices/narration (like bluecoats and blue devils have this year)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Orwellian Wiress said:

- played synth in marching band, so obviously i love synth and people need to stop hating on its inclusion. i worked just as hard as the rest of pit, and had just as big of an impact on the show 
- i don't care if woodwinds get into dci or not because sax parts in high school band SLAP  

my god these points are the epitome of the annoying Gen Z DCI fans basically only know the mid 2000s to present Crown and Bluecoats shows and make hating Blue Devils their cutesy personality trait 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

We actually have a whole thread for this topic already. Granted, it’s from before the start of the 2017 season, and for some reason no one has posted anything in it since June of that year. I wonder how many of these takes people still stand by…

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

16 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

- i 💜 artsy show themes 
- house is not a home is a beautiful song and should be a national anthem or something 

Suspect post at best… Just signed up Wednesday and posted four times

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

- i 💜 artsy show themes 

Don't take the bait.

• Thanks 1

guys i'm not a troll. i'm just passionate about dci. i love the blue devils, they're actually one of my favorite bands. i just wanted to have some fun

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

as someone who has only had band experience, yes i do use the terms interchangably. so what? am i any less of a dci fan? i have been following dci for a couple years now, only completed my first year of marching band LAST YEAR, and only went to my first show this year.

does it make you feel good to bully a minor for enjoying art? i'm not even saying you should share my opinions. i was just throwing them out there and encouraging others to share theirs so we could have a fun discussion

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2