Cavaliers Conspiracy Theory

10 hours ago, dureau said:

Since we are not allowed to post politically on here, I will just say conspiracies are nothing more than trying to cover up one’s own shortcomings. 

Politics? What does this have to do with politics?

The Cavies had better go co-ed, before they get sued. Non-profits cannot discriminate on the basis of gender, race etc.  Especially in lawsuit happy Illinois.  The Boy Scouts have gone co-ed, for pete's sake. There was once a time and place for all girl and all boy drum corps, but that time has passed. (40 years ago). 

• Haha 6

Why does every Cavaliers topic have to become one of discrimination and going Co-Ed?? Cut me a break already, it’s getting ridiculous.

BTW… boys aren’t allowed to join the Girl Scouts and have you ever heard of fraternities and sororities????

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

The Cavies had better go co-ed, before they get sued. Non-profits cannot discriminate on the basis of gender, race etc.  Especially in lawsuit happy Illinois.  The Boy Scouts have gone co-ed, for pete's sake. There was once a time and place for all girl and all boy drum corps, but that time has passed. (40 years ago). 

As best I know, Boy Scouts went co-ed to combat declining membership, not due to threatening lawsuits related to gender discrimination.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Phantom56 said:

Not true. Employers cannot discriminate based on gender. Fraternal organizations can choose membership how they please.

I don’t believe the “time has passed.” There are certain situations where gender exclusive activities have merit. For example, my daughter goes to an all-girls summer camp, and my son goes to an all-boys camp. 

Girls have many options to march drum corps. If the entire DCI organization were all-male then you would have a point  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dureau said:

Since we are not allowed to post politically on here, I will just say conspiracies are nothing more than trying to cover up one’s own shortcomings. 

Birds aren’t real. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

my own opinion, i would love to see cavaliers go co-ed

i always feel like the corps is somehow lacking

great performers for sure, but i think they would be off the charts co-ed

i do have a bias of course

Edited by Sasha1
  • Haha 1