Saturday, July 16th ... “Drums Along the Rockies” … Canvas Stadium at CSU – Fort Collins, COLORADO

Mandarins: Much cleaner. Just awesome visual program, they march and spin great! I thought the singer would wow me a little more in person.

SCV: So the big news here is IN PERSON the white does NOT drawn out the guard as much as on flo. This show actually reads much better live. Brass is great, percussion is the same (amazing). Ballad is the highlight, it is hauntingly beautiful. That release is so worth seeing live if you can. Top 5, but wouldn’t guarantee my money much more. It really is babylon 3.0, and that kind of saddens me. VanDoren’s music arrangement is pretty seamless, but a little dull in the opener. Closer actually goes pretty well. Still dont think they utilize the drill spread enough, but it’s okay.

BD: Uh… oh my gosh ya’ll. Everything I wanted and more. Their whole music book just feels like butter (seriously). Clean, not edgy at all, beautiful, piercing, trying to find all the right words… I actually LOVE the opener. Carnival of Venice really getting clean. Those MELLOS… you have to hear them ya’ll - such a treat. The ballad does feel a little long, but maybe because they played to side 2 so much and I was 1. Visually they move so well. I don’t know if I’ve even seen a group move that well tbh. Guard had a few drops but they get into character so well you don’t even care. I think it should win… but conceptually it’s a little loose compared to ghostlight for example. Still might be enough

BK: So much bass synth! The show really flows well, but definitely looses my interest musically. It is kind of the same musical feel over and over. Visually however, I love the colors and the guard is great. Especially the traditional uniforms. Brass seemed really clean, it’s not a super difficult show overall. Drumline didn’t have a great evening, pretty sloppy on their feature. Can’t win at everything.

Edited by WarriorWay
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, saxfreq1128 said:

And all other things being equal, one place where BD > BAC in content is dance. And it’s really not close. Add potentially clean Crown and SCV guards and a clean and classy (per usual) Bloo guard to the mix and this is definitely shaping up to be one of my favorite battles this year. 

That + percussion. If BAC dethrones SCV this year, man would that be something. 

100% this… they dance so well it’s mind blowing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CAtenhut said:

Really? I thought it was pretty terrible. 😂

Compared to everything else I've heard on Flo this season, I thought it was good. That's a pretty low standard though.

9 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Such heart and expression.

I know this discussion has moved to the top 6. But the bottom half of finals is where it's at this year.

No doubt. The competition between 6th and 10th, and even 11th, 12th and 13th, is just fantastic this summer. I sense there will be movement in the 6 to 10 range at each of the regionals, and quarters, semis and finals should give the fans a great experience. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, WarriorWay said:

Mandarins: Much cleaner. Just awesome visual program, they march and spin great! I thought the singer would wow me a little more in person.

SCV: So the big news here is IN PERSON the white does NOT drawn out the guard as much as on flo. This show actually reads much better live. Brass is great, percussion is the same (amazing). Ballad is the highlight, it is hauntingly beautiful. That release is so worth seeing live if you can. Top 5, but wouldn’t guarantee my money much more. It really is babylon 3.0, and that kind of saddens me. VanDoren’s music arrangement is pretty seamless, but a little dull in the opener. Closer actually goes pretty well. Still dont think they utilize the drill spread enough, but it’s okay.

BD: Uh… oh my gosh ya’ll. Everything I wanted and more. Their whole music book just feels like butter (seriously). Clean, not edgy at all, beautiful, piercing, trying to find all the right words… I actually LOVE the opener. Carnival of Venice really getting clean. Those MELLOS… you have to hear them ya’ll - such a treat. The ballad does feel a little long, but maybe because they played to side 2 so much and I was 1. Visually they move so well. I don’t know if I’ve even seen a group move that well tbh. Guard had a few drops but they get into character so well you don’t even care. I think it should win… but conceptually it’s a little loose compared to ghostlight for example. Still might be enough

BK: So much bass synth! The show really flows well, but definitely looses my interest musically. It is kind of the same musical feel over and over. Visually however, I love the colors and the guard is great. Especially the traditional uniforms. Brass seemed really clean, it’s not a super difficult show overall. Drumline didn’t have a great evening, pretty sloppy on their feature. Can’t win at everything.

I love BD’s mellos. ❤️💕

• Like 5

Just now, Forevergreen said:

So, SCV’s show grew a lot on me last night: especially from the ballad to the end.  ALOT of wow for me.

The same thing happened to me about 1-2 shows ago. The show is really starting to blossom 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

I still think SCV had something up their sleeves (like a huge oval tarp?!?!)

I just want them to add some color for god sakes. How can one design a show with (half-###ed) Indian garb and have a show concept rooted in Indian culture and look so BLAND? It’s almost offensive to me lol