Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

Not A BD lover, or a BD hater, but from my very untrained eyes and ears ... that was the best show we've seen tonight (and I don't really think it was all that close). 

• Like 7

If you want to beat BD this may be your best shot for a while 

• Like 1

BD percussion having a solid run for sure.

Also the bass synth was less egregious 2nd half of the show. DIdn't notice until very end there.  So...i think their sound board guy was adjusting. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

BD is the Lin Manuel Miranda of drum corps. There is a lot of genius, but they repeat a lot of the same tropes and is not everyone's cup of tea. 

And like Lin Manuel-Miranda continually failing to win an Oscar, BD continually fails to 3-peat. But in both cases, I get the feeling it'll happen eventually.

1 minute ago, Reed said:

This won’t be higher than 3rd tonight, I think. 

Well, that is an opinion

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Reed said:

This won’t be higher than 3rd tonight, I think. 

Kinda think you’re right. Would not be surprised to see Crown and Bloo 1-2.

Just now, Cappybara said:

I agree that the pit bass synth is a bit too strong, interested whether the judges comment on it and lead to BD turning it down

When watching online mic placements may make it worse for viewers than live attendees

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

BD is the Lin Manuel Miranda of drum corps. There is a lot of genius, but they repeat a lot of the same tropes and is not everyone's cup of tea. 

Alot of repeat. As a fan who fell in love with them about 11 years ago. It's been hard for me lately.  They use to have different shows every year that kept my interest but lately, everything sounds the same and looks the same. Same choreography, etc. It's getting old for me. 

Edited by rchitectburd23BD01
addition
  • Thanks 2

BD should ditch the screamer in those last few bars. Not working for me at all. 

In fact, I don't think this BD brass is top 2. 

• Like 4