MY MESSAGE & PLEA TO FLOMARCHING

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Is there a show tonight on flomarching?  I guess I could go look 😂 

you may buffer a bit

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

you may buffer a bit

tumblr_p19jmxSdx91tooympo1_400.gifv

I have not criticized nor complained about any drum corps or their show this year.  However, the camera work from Flo is absolute terrible. Horrible. Inexcusable.  It is no wonder that some folks who cannot get to a live show think that some corps have no General Effect.

And, for the Second show in a row, Boston was misidentified as another corps while they were in their opening set. No excuses for incompetence. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, craiga said:

I have not criticized nor complained about any drum corps or their show this year.  However, the camera work from Flo is absolute terrible. Horrible. Inexcusable.  It is no wonder that some folks who cannot get to a live show think that some corps have no General Effect.

And, for the Second show in a row, Boston was misidentified as another corps while they were in their opening set. No excuses for incompetence. 

I was naive enough to believe the Flo engineering dude who talked about all of the positive changes Flo was making for 2022. I think the verdict is in. 

As for the incompetence...

"Morons. I've got morons on my team." - Strother Martin/Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, DWW11 said:

I have made it a point to email them each week and give them pointers for some of the glaring mistakes they make, mostly with BD, but other shows as well.  They always respond, and seem appreciative of the help.  Latest example, i told them the title card they were showing for BD was for the C corps. I told them that Monday.  After 2-3 weeks of this being wrong, it was fixed for last night.  I also keep reminding them about the trumpet soloist at the start of Moon River.  They always show the trombone guy when he isn’t even playing.  Igave them est time into the show, to help them find it on old videos.  Last night, finally, even tho they started with the trombone guy, they actually caught part of the trumpeter WHILE he was still playing!  

so maybe you should send your comments via email, instead of posting them here?  Just a suggestion.

Thank you so much for the outstanding advice.  I am planning to send an email.  Again, thank you for your advice.  I really can’t thank you enough.  If there was a way to truly express my appreciation, it would certainly be employed.  Again, thank you… 

Edited by keystone3ply
Cx
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I was naive enough to believe the Flo engineering dude who talked about all of the positive changes Flo was making for 2022. I think the verdict is in. 

As for the incompetence...

"Morons. I've got morons on my team." - Strother Martin/Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid

Yup; I stated earlier this season they were like a serpent offering the forbidden fruit.  And after dropping them several years ago, I took the fruit… 

Edited by keystone3ply
Cx
  • Like 1