Thursday, July 21 “DCI Denton” …. Apogee Stadium at the University of North Texas Denton, TEXAS … Thursday, July 21… 7:50 PM CT

7 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Anyway, love you all! Kisses...

Love you too brother. We might disagree at times, but i always enjoy talking with you. 

Respect. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Thank you. That's all I was trying to say. Here is an example........................

June 2014, Glendora CA. BD had just blown the doors off with Felliniesque. As SCV was setting up to perform after them, the crowd was still in shock and awe, and talking about what they just saw. A guy sitting behind me, couple seats to the right, told his buddy he didn't like it. Another person sitting nearby politely asked him why. The guy said he didn't like it because BD was performing it, and they are going to win it all with that show. He went on to say if any other corps in DCI performed Felliniesque, he would be throwing babies, kids, teenagers, grown adults onto the field. But because it's the Devils, he knew the season was over and that show was going to be unbeatable. He wanted to see another first time winner like Crown the previous year, and BD was (in his words) "robbing him of that experience with shows no one would come close to beating."

Yes that's just one guy. But I am sure there are many others that feel that way.  

That stinks.

20 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

I think Chief's point is no matter how great BD's show can be, a majority of the fans across the nation would still prefer to see someone else win no matter what. In the 80s and 90s, it was the Cadets. Now it's BD. ABBD fans are a real thing. 

I think I see now what that acronym stands for now, and yeahhhh that does exist for sure😂

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

I am soooo trying to enjoy them!

I'm heading to Atlanta next week, and then Indy...

It'll be time to for my family to re-assess how many shows we go to for next year though.

Choose wisely!  There are so many of us that don’t get to make those calls anymore. Going to Indy is just such a huge physical challenge for me and i am past the point where i can handle it without help. Allentown, with that monstrous hill, is hard enough!  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

People aren't going to agree but with some cleaning I have them at 6. 

But this whole 6-10 groupings has the best written and most entertaining shows this year. It's amazing.

How I wish. Sadly, the BEST they can do might be 9th. But that is a darn sight better than 12th (2019). The overall design will likely keep them out of the top 6 which would be (in no particular order) Boston, Devils, Crown, Coats, Vanguard, Cavaliers / Cadets. Which of those 6-7 do you see Regiment passing by DCI?

20 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I am soooo trying to enjoy them!

I'm heading to Atlanta next week, and then Indy...

It'll be time to for my family to re-assess how many shows we go to for next year though.

If you drive up to Marion for Open Class Prelims/Finals, let me know brother. Wife and I will be there supporting our son. Sadly we can't stay for World Class in Indy. Wife has to go back to work on Thursday and couldn't get the time off. Will definitely be at Indy next year if our son decides to make the jump to world class. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Maybe instead of complaining about Blue Devils and arguing about what the fans want someone should just beat them.  

Someone has.  Multiple times.  

And each of those times there were BD fans whining about how they should have won.

Although they made a memorable impact, I see no reason to believe them to be representative of all or most or even many BD fans.  So I will not paint them with such a broad brush as that would be most unfair.  

I would suggest that fans of other corps be extended the same courtesy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

I respectively disagree. I have said this before, BD can give us the fan friendliest show of all time, but because they won so much, some will still want to see them lose just so we can have another winner on top of the podium. 

BD has been well received since 2014. But because they won so much, they will never be THE #1 fan favorite, no matter how good the show is. 

We (in general) always love to root for the underdog.

Did BD get standing ovations for two ballads they played in fairly recent years?  Yeah they did and you know why …it connected with the crowd.  

do you actually  think people are thinking wait a minute this group has three championships and the corps I am watching has six so I can’t stand and clap for this ?  👀

Edited by Triple Forte

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Maybe instead of complaining about Blue Devils and arguing about what the fans want someone should just beat them.  

I like to say to those who talk smack about BD production’s is - you have the easy part done. Now for the hard part - actually beating them.

Especially love it when they criticize BD for park and bark. The Crownies are the Kings of park and bark in 2022 especially the little Whack-a-Crownie head when it pops up under the silly fabric thingie. The only thing missing is the big mallet. Not to mention they move at a snail’s pace to get it in place. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Haha 8