Thursday, July 21 “DCI Denton” …. Apogee Stadium at the University of North Texas Denton, TEXAS … Thursday, July 21… 7:50 PM CT

4 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I like to say to those who talk smack about BD production’s is - you have the easy part done. Now for the hard part - actually beating them.

Especially love it when they criticize BD for park and bark. The Crownies are the Kings of park and bark in 2022 especially the little whack-a-Crownie head sticking up under the silly fabric thingie. The only thing is the big mallet. 

:spitting:You are very bad. 😂  

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Someone has.  Multiple times.  

And each of those times there were BD fans whining about how they should have won.

Although they made a memorable impact, I see no reason to believe them to be representative of all or most or even many BD fans.  So I will not paint them with such a broad brush as that would be most unfair.  

I would suggest that fans of other corps be extended the same courtesy.

I 100% agree with you, and I appreciate you not holding all of us BD fans accountable for the actions of a few. 

The five shows that have beaten BD since 2007, earned those titles and they all won fair and square, no excuses. I always went to the corps threads and congratulated their fans along with standing and cheering when those corps were announced in first. 

I love my Devils, but I am a DCI fan too. 

But every fanbase has jerks, whether DCI, or Pro/College sports etc. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Blue Devils 1997 and 2000 are two of my all time favorite shows.  

To this day I still believe if BDs drums were up to par in 2000, we would have had a three horse race for the title. Not saying BD would have won because that's super disrespectful to the Cavies/Cadets, but every caption minus percussion, BD was right there neck and neck with them. Would have been interesting. Methods Of Madness was a sick show.  

13 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

If you drive up to Marion for Open Class Prelims/Finals, let me know brother. Wife and I will be there supporting our son. Sadly we can't stay for World Class in Indy. Wife has to go back to work on Thursday and couldn't get the time off. Will definitely be at Indy next year if our son decides to make the jump to world class. 

I'll seek you out if we go. I do believe I've seen you around California shows over the years; you usually have that hat on for shows. I think I've probably seen you at Pasadena, Riverside, and San Bernardino.

I'll be rooting for Gold!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Someone has.  Multiple times.  

And each of those times there were BD fans whining about how they should have won.

Although they made a memorable impact, I see no reason to believe them to be representative of all or most or even many BD fans.  So I will not paint them with such a broad brush as that would be most unfair.  

I would suggest that fans of other corps be extended the same courtesy.

I don't remember that far back. 

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

I don't buy that sentiment at all.

They could be THE fan favorite AND win titles at the same time. They have just chosen NOT to do that. They've had some incredible fan favorite shows in their past. 'When a Man Love a Women" isn't an encore tune for nothing!

I agree that they’ve made a choice to not rely on the same crowd-pleasing methods other corps, but you can’t seriously look at shows like Metamorph and Felliniesque and Ghostlight and think the designers were saying, “Boy, can’t wait for no one to like this!”  The mirror show was one thing — it doesn’t characterize their entire championship output by any means. I think their shows are the output of a staff that wants to believe we can be entertained by things other than the usual. I think that’s … optimistic of them! I appreciate the effort.  

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

To this day I still believe if BDs drums were up to par in 2000, we would have had a three horse race for the title. Not saying BD would have won because that's super disrespectful to the Cavies/Cadets, but every caption minus percussion, BD was right there neck and neck with them. Would have been interesting. Methods Of Madness was a sick show.  

I love BD 2000, but I also loved Cadets and Cavies that year.  Probably my fav top 3 of all time along with 93 maybe tying.  But yeah, win or lose, BD 2000 will always have a special place in my heart. 

BD's marching was spectacular in that show...they just floated around the field and it was not an easy drill.  And that brass book is still one of the most special Downey ever wrote, IMO.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

I'll seek you out if we go. I do believe I've seen you around California shows over the years; you usually have that hat on for shows. I think I've probably seen you at Pasadena, Riverside, and San Bernardino.

I'll be rooting for Gold!

Yea you probably have seen me lol. Unless I was deployed, I have been at every single SoCal show since 2012 when I came back from Shore Duty in Japan. 

If you make it to Marion, just look for my All White San Francisco 49ers hat. I always wear it, cause when my son comes on the field, he always looks for it, easy to spot. Goes back to his high school days lol. 

• Like 2