Thursday, July 21 “DCI Denton” …. Apogee Stadium at the University of North Texas Denton, TEXAS … Thursday, July 21… 7:50 PM CT

SCV's bent leg marching is so aesthetically pleasing to watch. i could watch these guys march in a circle for an hour and be entertained by the marching style.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ashontheinternet said:

SCV's bent leg marching is so aesthetically pleasing to watch. i could watch these guys march in a circle for an hour and be entertained by the marching style.

i love it too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Den8uml said:

I don’t mean to be disrespectful but I haven’t been able to really enjoy this ScV show this season and just get into it.  Obviously they are super talented and busting their buts out there! From mandarins and up, this is my least favorite  I do love  the ballad tho! 

Agree, sad too cause they have such amazing players and marchers.  Just a dud of a show.  Havent talked to anyone I know who says anythinh other than its boring.

• Like 1

Just now, Ashontheinternet said:

It warms me to see. We marched this style in my HS days and it's not easy to clean. Traditionally our band used brown pants to sort of mask that but by my junior year were we'd transtioned from being "all about music" to "all about marching." So we added a gold sequin stripe down the leg for the last year of the brown pants.  Then had white pants with a brown stripe my senior year with the new uniforms and it popped.

• Like 3

Just now, Den8uml said:

I don’t mean to be disrespectful but I haven’t been able to really enjoy this ScV show this season and just get into it.  Obviously they are super talented and busting their buts out there! From mandarins and up, this is my least favorite   

I hear you. The music had me from the beginning of season, and I have come to appreciate the visual peaks of the show, but visual overall lacks definition for me. 

Just now, WarriorWay said:

Very much so. In this age of everything beibg so abstract and WGI feeling… it’s so refreshing to see a reprise or motif from these 3.

this scv show has been growing on me all season more and more.

Absolutely. It almost gives me an old school feel when I hear music from earlier in the show in the closer, it is so satisfying and provides a proper musical conclusion to the shows! My favorite example of it is BD 2012 where BD used an entirely different tempo and key of the trumpet solo from the opener to give the original solo an aggressive and ominous sound

i hope other corps start to catch on, it would make the choppy music arrangements so much more tolerable and enjoyable 

• Thanks 1

this almost feels like a completely new show compared to what i saw in the stands at Corps Encore. loved every minute of that.

• Like 4

Fantastic run SCV. One of my favorite shows musically this season. Very forgettable visual design, however. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1