Thursday, July 21 “DCI Denton” …. Apogee Stadium at the University of North Texas Denton, TEXAS … Thursday, July 21… 7:50 PM CT

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Absolutely. It almost gives me an old school feel when I hear music from earlier in the show in the closer, it is so satisfying and provides a proper musical conclusion to the shows! My favorite example of it is BD 2012 where BD used an entirely different tempo and key of the trumpet solo from the opener to give the original solo an aggressive and ominous sound

i hope other corps start to catch on, it would make the choppy music arrangements so much more tolerable and enjoyable 

That's the best Blue Devils show IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

I don’t mean to be disrespectful but I haven’t been able to really enjoy this ScV show this season and just get into it.  Obviously they are super talented and busting their buts out there! From mandarins and up, this is my least favorite  I do love  the ballad tho! 

I try to look for great moments in shows I'm not fond of (let's say) and wait for those.  That way I'm always looking forward to something in each show.

• Like 7

While I’m not a fan at all of Bloo’s decision to essentially use the hornline as musical accompaniment to narration via their movie soundtrack-esque book, I do appreciate them continuing to push the boundaries of drum corps shows. Doesn’t hurt to have one or two corps doing that every year 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Reed said:

This is almost a home show for SCV. Here’s a pic of all the UNT kids in Vanguard this summer…

IMG_1686.JPG?dl=0

That's crazy. UNT is an amazing music school.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Something SCV, BD, and BAC’s design teams have in common: understanding the importance of a musical motif that the audience can latch onto to make the show more memorable. All 3 are so good at reprising and utilizing different versions of the same music in different parts of the show 

Agree- but I don’t feel that BD does that this year - or at least not as much as Boston, SCV, etc 

4 minutes ago, Ashontheinternet said:

my school intended to move to Bent Leg this year (we still might but i am uncertain at this point)and it is not easy at all. we did a little test run on a few members to give the band an idea of what it should look like and it was hard to get perfect. 

Endless basics blocks where we did four beats of low mark time and then held the last knee before step off while instructors checked our knee bend.  Then another endless basics block where we'd move to the first step with the heel plant.   Then repeat the process for the right leg.  You basically develop a muscle memory of where your knee bend should be and then don't overthink it and let your leg be natural with it.

I still hear "one two three four AND" in my head when i think about how we learned that

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluesman said:

Has Boston ever beat SCV before?

Toosdey.

Sorry, had to join in since everyone and their mother let you know it was Tuesday...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, KPinCAL said:

Agree- but I don’t feel that BD does that this year - or at least not as much as Boston, SCV, etc 

They reprise Moon River in the closer. But agreed, not as emphasized as in other years

• Like 1