Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

1 minute ago, jwillis35 said:

Big night tonight. Best wishes to all the corps. Love the shows. Definitely thinking about many of the smaller or more inexperienced corps today. You get a chance to shine in the big stadium and we will be watching from FLO. Have a blast and go out there and lay down your best performance to date...right here, right now. 🙂 

This deserves both a Like and HaHa! Well played!

46 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Wishing all corps to have great performances.  I suspect being inside will help.  Out of the heat…yay.  Also hoping everyone gets the Covid holes filled back with illness recovery. Hope these kids are ok. 
I can’t wait to see how the positions shake out with recent show changes and cleaning.  More shake outs to come over the next few weeks in Atlanta, Murfreesboro, Allentown.  We are witnessing an incredible season so far especially coming out of the last couple of years.

Thanks to all organizations for that.

Lastly, I hope all DCPr’s can keep from ripping other orgs, when their faves don’t score or place where they think they should.  Years ago in a critique a judge said to me “ we (judges) don’t like it when instructors tear down other corps.  Just be concerned with showing how you build your corps up”.  So please, no whining, no being offended when you perceive a slight to your fave. Enjoy this first shake out show.  It’s going to be fantastic. 

You see that all the time in other artistic competitive things like figure skating. You should read some of the stuff Yuzuru Hanyu fans which he has thousands say about Nathan Chen. Not pretty. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Amen!!! My ignore list is long and distinguished. But my sanity is intact. 

I don’t actually have anyone on ignore despite the occasional snark and nastiness. People think i am stirring the pot when i ask a question, but i genuinely just want an answer. I have no problem having a heated discussion, as long as everyone remains respectful. This activity is all about passion, so some frustration and venting comes with the territory. As does a level of trash talking. Same as any competitive activity. What i LIKE about DCP is that, if someone goes over the line, many people usually cry foul!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Question: do all corps require their MM and staff to be fully vaxxed?  

49 minutes ago, DCIFan2022 said:

I will not be participating in this platform anymore.

DCP is a great escape for all of us drum corps people… and a break to our friends/families, who get tired of us blathering on about captions, spreads, GE, etc.  Come back when/if you’re ready. No one else has this “fever” like we do. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

Question: do all corps require their MM and staff to be fully vaxxed?  

Gold did.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Have you ever fed gremlins after midnight? 

Nope. Never got them wet, either!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1