Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

Great show from Phantom this year. Anyone else wish more corps went back to doing classical music? 

• Like 2

Wow Phantom!   Brought their A game.   So much improvement from everyone in the last couple of weeks.

• Like 3

Just now, Cappybara said:

Okay I take back what I said about crown having the most electric closer of the season 

That award goes to Phantom Regiment 

AMAZING

I would have to agree, Phantom hit just the slightest bit harder in person. I don’t know how the scores are gonna play out, but I just simply hope that they rise. It’s such a wonderful production!!

Holy Cow Regiment!  Your brass almost blew out my ear drums! I had to turn the sound down!  That is a good thing though!!!! So Powerful!!!!

I love it!!!

• Like 2

It could easily be that Regiment finishes in 10th. And the gap between their 12th place design and performance in 2019 and that 10th place finish in 2022 would be visible from space.

Reminds me of 1998 and 1999. Both were 8th place, but 98 was hot garbage compared to a solid 99 show.

There are flaws, but I love it. 

• Like 1

Phantom’s ending had me emotional. I know a couple people and a soloist in that group personally, and getting to see them do that was special. Phenomenal energy and performance.

Edited by kinetic inferno11
  • Like 2