Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

6 minutes ago, Mikah said:

Lewisville is a big no-no. 🤣  Founded in 1778, Louisville was named after the King of France, Louis the 16th.  So, Louie-ville is an acceptable pronunciation, but the locals pronounce it either loo-a-ville or loo-a-vul.

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Luv-ill.  In southern Indiana.  Literally slurred into two syllables.  

The “vul” is definitely a Southern thing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Wow, there’s a lot of folks off topic ‘up in here’.  Better bring it back:

First time watching Academy this year.  Did the same folks design this show as some of their previous ‘cool’ shows?  Seems like a missed opportunity for a Willy Wonka show.  Talking design & not the students.  

There might be one or two holdovers, but in general different design team and staff from the Vanity Fair, Mary Poppins, Drum Corpse Bride, By a Hare years.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Animal Farm show won me over to Boston after having been away from the activity very closely for the most part since seeing them light up College Park with Red in 2000.  My hiatus was, in part, disgust over the whole G7 stuff.

So I've had a soft spot for BAC ever since then.  Knowing they've done a literal top to bottom overhaul of how a Drum Corps can be run well is part of the appeal for me.  And seeing it pay off this season (and undoubtedly in the future) is great.  

One of the key points made by BAC’s Animal Farm show was (as far as what G7 corps were included) that all corps are equal.  But some are more equal than others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Colts percussion is rockin'!

But it seems like the show isn't finished.

Show seems very consistent beginning to end but I feel like it lacks big moments. I need a "blow me away" moment and it didn't happen. I hope there is an addition. Show ended abruptly. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Luv-ill.  In southern Indiana.  Literally slurred into two syllables.  

Personally, I, myself, being Kentucky born and raised just south of the Indiana border, pronounce it as looel (rhymes with dual)-vul, which is also an acceptable pronunciation.  Luv-ill is not acceptable, but we all understand what you mean when you say that. 😊

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mikah said:

Personally, I, myself, being Kentucky born and raised just south of the Indiana border, pronounce it as looel (rhymes with dual)-vul, which is also an acceptable pronunciation.  Luv-ill is not acceptable, but we all understand what you mean when you say that. 😊

Oh I'm a north indiana boy, we generally giggled at our southern kin.  Once you passed Indy, you were as good as in Kentucky. 😉

• Haha 4