Wednesday, July 27th ... “DCI Southern Mississippi” … M M Roberts Stadium Hattiesburg, MISSISSIPPI

2 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

On to YOUTUBE, where perhaps one of the bold audio criminals at the show, got it right!

they often do!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Good GE begins with good execution. 

When Regiment came out blazing in the 2012 season with solid drill (nothing flashy) performed really well for the early season, a band director buddy told me "their effect is that they're so clean." That statement still resonates annually for corps like BD (who produce GE but also execute).

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Really hoping SC alum get a pass on this ABBD stuff. We've been serious rivals for decades...and I like musing on how BD would be acting if SC had dominated the activity in a similar way over the years. Would there be a similar ABSCV crowd?

We can easily identify BDs obvious strengths and wish the MMs the best experiences with an awesome corps, and still root for underdogs.

Also, big, powerful, legacy, institutions like BD don't need protection unless the ABBD crowd is going for the MMs. Otherwise, seriously, they can handle it. In fact, I bet they're laughing their whole way to a medal, if not first place. BD is doing just fine.....

I never see anyone using SC - it's always been SCV (to me lol) - maybe an alumni thing or maybe I'm just old. SC for me means South Carolina 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 8

Just now, George Dixon said:

I never see anyone using SC - it's always been SCV (to me lol) - maybe an alumni thing or maybe I'm just told. SC for me means South Carolina 

Acronymaphobia.  When the BLM protests started in May 2020 my first thought was ‘Why is the Bureau of Land Management involved’?

• Haha 4

Well, nobody can accuse ME of corps jumping....I have been supporting the Boston Crusaders since 1978. But, there are some folks on here who are now all in on BAC potentially winning the big dance at Lucas who back on June 15th posted on here that I was crazy for saying I thought it could be BD and BAC in the "top 2 come August".  😀

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I never see anyone using SC - it's always been SCV (to me lol) - maybe an alumni thing or maybe I'm just old. SC for me means South Carolina 

It's an old dawg alumni thing. When I marched they all called us "Santa Clara" primarily. Other terms are totally used liberally, but I prefer "Santa Clara," thus, I shorten it to SC here. Also, one less key stroke. 🙂

• Thanks 1

BD has built an incredible legacy, and perfected a winning formula. Their style of presenting content and the emotions their performances elicit have won an enduring fanbase, deservedly.
Speaking for myself, while I can appreciate the many great things they put on the field, it’s rare that I feel  more than a narrow and superficial mental/emotional connection to their shows. It’s dazzle, dazzle, dazzle (which is swell), and not much else. When another corps has a contending show, it’s often a fresh set of emotions: Angels & Demons (fury, passion, battle), E=mc2 (genius, wonder, imagination), Downside Up (psychedelic euphoric beauty), Babylon (exotic, mysterious, and plain wow). Paradise Lost (carefree tranquility, curiousity/temptation, exile/loss, hope). BDs rivals often bring a welcome scope and depth of emotions. I’d love to see BD move outside of their comfort zone and bring their legendary execution to a show that is artistically more risky and explores some of the less comfortable emotions. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Slingerland said:

The staff won't listen. Visual designers already too focused on their band shows....🤣

Well, I'm sure Avon pays well.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, craiga said:

Well, nobody can accuse ME of corps jumping....I have been supporting the Boston Crusaders since 1978. But, there are some folks on here who are now all in on BAC potentially winning the big dance at Lucas who back on June 15th posted on here that I was crazy for saying I thought it could be BD and BAC in the "top 2 come August".  😀

No, you have not corps jumped!

However, that’s drum corps.

In recent years, Crown gained newfound fans in 2012 and especially 2013. Bloo gained new fans after “Tilt” in 2014 and owned the audience in 2016. Now it’s Boston’s turn for instant fans.

• Like 3