What is the most pressing issue in DCI for 2023

What is the most pressing issue in DCI for 2023  

101 members have voted

1. 1. With the 2022 season nearing completion, what is the most pressing issue DCI should be concerned with in the off season? There are probably multiple right answers, which one do you feel is the highest priority? Choose one.

• Leadership - time for a change at the top and possible org restructure
    • Competition - re-examine the competition model to help less funded corps be more competitive and promote more fan friendly shows
    • Safety and inclusion - working to ensure performer safety, diversity and inclusion is top priority
    • New touring model - development of a new touring model to help ease costs and promote more regional opportunities
    • Financial stability - cost cutting measures to ensure financial stability and a level playing field competitively

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Well…. No. In some cases it allowed some corps to go out and do shows that helped them reconnect with fans and alumni. 

And this year they have turned 180 degrees from it.  It's like all the avant garde stupidity from last year came rushing out this year.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 1:30 PM, OldSnareDrummer said:

Hey Counsel - Can I sue Flo for incompetence? 

It would end up being class action with 15K other people and we would all get a settlement of $1.32 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/28/2022 at 3:33 PM, Continental said:

Although I'm not a lawyer, I am a part-time Llama Psychologist. 

What is currently the trending "hot topic" in Llama Psychology? MDD, Autism Spectrum Disorder? Fears of contracting West Nile Virus?

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2022 at 5:29 PM, scheherazadesghost said:

Because not everyone's a masochist like me who looooooved marching in extreme heat! That' said, I'd be a beneficiary of a finals in Texas so I wouldn't be upset.

I thought I was immune after marching in the south in my DCI days. I LURRRVVVEEEEDDD the heat. Now I'm old and I want it to be a constant 74 degrees at all times. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2022 at 6:17 PM, keystone3ply said:

Can you identify which anxiety disorder this Llama is displaying? 🧐 

I am going with Generalized Anxiety Disorder with a healthy dose of ADHD. And extreme derpy cuteness....

16 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Honestly, the deep south was the way worse than Texas or Florida IMHO. At least Florida rained us out sometimes. The deep south was just swamp-### all day every day, relentless.

Essentially, where the corps are now. That was the toughest for me.

Agreed. We call it "Hotlanta" for a reason. 

All of this being said, member safety for me 10000%. And this INCLUDES things like heat IMHO. It's not just about safety from predatorial practices and abuse/potential abuse. 

We are 1 incident away from a lawsuit taking down the activity. That's a reality. And let's be honest enough to realize that the most likely cause of such an incident would be from an abuse scandal rather than an issue due to scheduling or heat issues. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lowend said:

And this year they have turned 180 degrees from it.  It's like all the avant garde stupidity from last year came rushing out this year.

no scores on the line, go have fun or in some cases try things out. 

now scores are back, do what ya gotta do to score well. if you didn't see that coming well....

Edited by Jeff Ream

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

It would end up being class action with 15K other people and we would all get a settlement of $1.32 

before attorneys got their share

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I thought I was immune after marching in the south in my DCI days. I LURRRVVVEEEEDDD the heat. Now I'm old and I want it to be a constant 74 degrees at all times. 

Henlo fellow former-masochist! LURVED me some good, sweaty runs, rite?

I now live somewhere with perfect summers that never get above 80 and features afternoon monsoons. Related? Probably. 🙂

• Haha 1