What is the most pressing issue in DCI for 2023

What is the most pressing issue in DCI for 2023  

101 members have voted

1. 1. With the 2022 season nearing completion, what is the most pressing issue DCI should be concerned with in the off season? There are probably multiple right answers, which one do you feel is the highest priority? Choose one.

• Leadership - time for a change at the top and possible org restructure
    • Competition - re-examine the competition model to help less funded corps be more competitive and promote more fan friendly shows
    • Safety and inclusion - working to ensure performer safety, diversity and inclusion is top priority
    • New touring model - development of a new touring model to help ease costs and promote more regional opportunities
    • Financial stability - cost cutting measures to ensure financial stability and a level playing field competitively

5 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Sounds good.

But, what about the Easts ?

The only dome that could be used is Syracuse.

A number of people have commented on how trying to 

use it would be a logistical nightmare for the corps.

Plus the location ,i.e. travel time. would not be attractive to the majority of fans that go to Allentown every year.

There is no dome 

The jockeying is on for a new home for the Washington Commanders but between the jurisdiction issues and what not, it's not certain what form it'll be.  The assumption is that it would be a dome because Dan Synder's ego wants to rival the JerryDome.  

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

The jockeying is on for a new home for the Washington Commanders but between the jurisdiction issues and what not, it's not certain what form it'll be.  The assumption is that it would be a dome because Dan Synder's ego wants to rival the JerryDome.  

I don't follow sports but I would not be surprised at all if there was a real arena called the "JerryDome". Sports dudes can have massive egos sometimes

Edited by Orwellian Wiress

1 minute ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I don't follow sports but I would not be surprised at all if there was a real arena called the "JerryDome". Sports dudes can have massive egos sometimes

it's used for Dallas' stadium.  Not the official name. JerryWorld is the other one used for it.  DC's would be DannyDome as some are calling it.  Most of DC residents are like "Virginia can have it" but the mayor here wants it...sigh.  Maryland's lege is pretty much done with Dan Snyder though.

If I had won that billion dollar lottery jackpot, I would have a purpose-built DCI venue constructed somewhere on the east coast. Acoustically structured specifically for marching arts competitions (and exhibitions), covered (or indoors, if they can get it to sound "just like outdoors"), plenty of room for warmups and staging, and ample parking and seating for 30+ thousand.

But I didn't. So I'm not. Sorry folks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

If I had won that billion dollar lottery jackpot, I would have a purpose-built DCI venue constructed somewhere on the east coast. Acoustically structured specifically for marching arts competitions (and exhibitions), covered (or indoors, if they can get it to sound "just like outdoors"), plenty of room for warmups and staging, and ample parking and seating for 30+ thousand.

But I didn't. So I'm not. Sorry folks.

How about 4 venues? Texas, East Coast, Midwest and Cali? I think that’s a good compromise that would please the most people? Good suggestion though, 30,000 seater, along with the amenities is plenty good for a DCI venue👀

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

it's used for Dallas' stadium.  Not the official name. JerryWorld is the other one used for it.  DC's would be DannyDome as some are calling it.  Most of DC residents are like "Virginia can have it" but the mayor here wants it...sigh.  Maryland's lege is pretty much done with Dan Snyder though.

I call it the house of perpetual let down 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I call it the house of perpetual let down 

I am not a football fan in the first place. So everything that team inflicts on their fans is mildly amusing to me. 

• Haha 1