Sunday, July 31st 5:15 PM “NightBEAT: The greatest show on Turf” … Truist Field at Wake Forest University Winston-Salem, NORTH CAROLINA

29 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

This is the third out of the past six years that I’ve been to the show that it gets canceled before crown comes up. I understand they can’t control the weather, but when we were in Charlotte, we didn’t have this problem. Had they waited an extra 10 minutes they could’ve put both blue Devils and Carolina crown on. It’s stopped raining the streets and the sidewalks are completely dry. It was never fully raining, just sprinkling a little bit.

Yep. And it's still dry. Troopers took the field after it poured raining. Could have waited out.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

I mean, sure. You asked a great question though, BS are probably still about 2 points behind Cadets - if you factor in a 1.4 point swing Mike threw out - which contradicts all the judging of others of the two groups this summer. He's the outlier, so I'd figure 2 point gap.

Also not sure why you would consider these two shows a regional and not keep the same panel OR have the same captions judged. I believe last night was double GE and today is double MA. 

Edited by BlueStainGlass

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Also not sure why you would consider these two shows a regional and not keep the same panel OR have the same captions judged. I believe last night was double GE and today is double MA. 

so - us "tin foil hat" people realize BD & Crown were already seeded in the top grouping in Allentown, so...

33 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

Percussion is interesting tonight.  When the same judge is judging multiple nights in a row, he is going to build expectations and call them as he sees them.  Last night, he liked what he saw from BAC.  Tonight, not so much - SCV brings home percussion.  

This could be a major factor in this caption at Finals.  Consistency will be key!  

Double percussion panels will balance things out in Indy, (.... and any drizzle of rain during percussion performances while on the move wont be a factor as well ).

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Boss Anova said:

Double percussion panels will balance things out in Indy, (and any drizzle of rain during percussion performances wont be a factor as well )

absolutely helps!

• Like 1

Okay, just got back to the hotel, about a mile from Truist Stadium.

IF THEY HAD’T  TAKEN THAT SECOND, D@MNED X-MISSION, BD & CROWN COULD’A EEKED IN THEIR RUNS!!!!!!

My [ill-informed] takeaways:

• The top 6 are stupid good. [Crown & BD based on Flo viewing]

• Bloo knocked me out. As much as I want Crown to medal this year, I won’t jump off a chair if they’re aced out by the Dennis Hopper crew.
  • SCV shouldn’t be written off. 
  • Troopers: Love, Love, Love!!

The quality of all corps tonight, top to bottom, really impressive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Double percussion panels will balance things out in Indy, (.... and any drizzle of rain during percussion performances while on the move wont be a factor as well ).

There hasn't been double PERCUSSION panel since 2017, so are they bringing it back this year and I totally missed it?

39 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

This is the third out of the past six years that I’ve been to the show that it gets canceled before crown comes up. I understand they can’t control the weather, but when we were in Charlotte, we didn’t have this problem. Had they waited an extra 10 minutes they could’ve put both blue Devils and Carolina crown on. It’s stopped raining the streets and the sidewalks are completely dry. It was never fully raining, just sprinkling a little bit.

Or skip the #### intermission when the weather is iffy.

• Like 4