TROOP!

1 minute ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

2022?

It was definitely that prelims crowd in 79 that pushed them into Finals. There would have been a lot of judges with the air let out of their rental car tires otherwise.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

It was definitely that prelims crowd in 79 that pushed them into Finals. There would have been a lot of judges with the air let out of their rental car tires otherwise.  

I wasn't there, but as I have heard it told - Crossmen didn't do themselves any favor w/ their prelims performance.  And Troopers had by far their best performance of the season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ironlips said:

Having seen them at Annapolis from just above the GE Box, I wouldn't count the 11th Cavalry out just yet.  They've got a lot going for them. Beyond the heartstrings they pull with the look, "Johnny" quote, bugle calls and overall book, the tasteful integration of cello with percussion and brass is virtually seamless and creates not only a very complimentary and coordinated mood but also provides some sounds never before heard on the field by virtue of the creative orchestration.

They are still awaiting reinforcements as Troopers return from sick bay. And their performance levels are guaranteed to improve over the next week. That's actually the easiest part.

Add to this that there is historically far more volatility of placement in that 11 to 15 neighborhood than at the top of the hill. They have a real shot.

I also saw them in Annapolis from the 50 - about a third of the way up. I loved "the show" and the members very much impressed me with their energy and dedication. 

• Like 1