Finals... Colts, Troopers or both.

10 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

On another note, and I'm sure it's been addressed already somewhere this year - neither Colts nor Troopers are marching a full corps this season. Anyone have any idea when the last time a corps not marching max membership made Finals was?

If I was guessing, I'd say 2019.

Z

I think Troopers by far have the best design among the four in contention, and don't underestimate the fan support element.  They have show designed to burn the stadium down at the finale.  It's in their hands and how much they have cleaned by Friday night. I think, sadly, Colts have peaked.  They are so clean and proficient, but where's the upside left?  I'm betting Crossmen & Troopers. Rooting so hard for Troopers.  I knew they had something special when I first saw them in Ogden.  It's a shame Covid hit them so hard, but wow, are they roaring back.  Their determination and passion are very admirable.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, MikeZ said:

If I was guessing, I'd say 2019.

Z

Looks like it - Crossmen always look like a full corps, but a quick trip back through the last few seasons' recordings shows they consistently field around 145. I didn't realize that was the case! I didn't check anyone else from recent years.

Looks like Colts & Troop are both fielding at or right around 135 this year.

I still haven't recovered from my 2013 disappointment when Troopers missed finals.  I loved every moment of that show. The sunburst brought me to tears.  Troopers 2022 has little in common with 2013, but I still love it and have my fingers crossed that we see them in finals on Saturday.

• Like 2

I think Colts and Crossmen make it in, but wouldn't be angry if it's all 4 in a tie - I'm picking these two because they're cleaner IMO

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TexasPRfan said:

I think Troopers by far have the best design among the four in contention, and don't underestimate the fan support element.  They have show designed to burn the stadium down at the finale.  It's in their hands and how much they have cleaned by Friday night. I think, sadly, Colts have peaked.  They are so clean and proficient, but where's the upside left?  I'm betting Crossmen & Troopers. Rooting so hard for Troopers.  I knew they had something special when I first saw them in Ogden.  It's a shame Covid hit them so hard, but wow, are they roaring back.  Their determination and passion are very admirable.

They didn't have their first show until July and then lost a week due to Covid. But once they got everyone back last week, they've been surging. People will go nuts if Troopers sneak in and it'll do so much for their recruiting going forward. 

4 hours ago, OldSchoolCorps said:

This is the thing that intrigued me. 6 days without a judged performance, but also 6 days of cleaning, attention to detail and addition (?). This very well may be a very good thing.

A lot of corps are going to be getting a lot of practice in. It’s going to come down to which corps has the best instructional staff and discipline to maximize those rehearsals. If we see any corps making jumps during prelims or semis, it will be due to a higher level of efficiency and discipline of those corps’ staff and members 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

A lot of corps are going to be getting a lot of practice in. It’s going to come down to which corps has the best instructional staff and discipline to maximize those rehearsals. If we see any corps making jumps during prelims or semis, it will be due to a higher level of efficiency and discipline of those corps’ staff and members 

Agreed. And as should be the case

23 hours ago, CAtenhut said:

People will go nuts if Troopers sneak in and it'll do so much for their recruiting going forward. 

I think the Troopers really hit the sweet spot this year: A show that is

1. distinctly the Troopers,
  2. has great general effect,
  3. that the members love to perform,
  4. and the crowd eats up. 

This recipe is what will help them in recruiting and member retention—hopefully. 

P.S. And...who wouldn't want to wear bad-### uniforms that aren't white and look like pajamas? #bringbackhats

• Like 8