Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

i feel very bad for Bloo. tonight was a good run for them but the audio problems (not sure if it was flo or bloo problem but i think it's flo because it started prior to bloo's show) really killed the vibe and made it nearly unlistenable. they were done very dirty and deserve much better. hopefully tomorrow is better. 

I'm just using this thread now as my "stream of consciousness after big loud and live" now

Saw SCV live early season, thought it was cool didn't really think much of em. They've really improved since late June. The finale with the third eye and levitating girl left me speechless

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

I wish George O.  was a drum judge.  He is one of the few judges who doesn't just go with the flow and tells it how he really sees it.  And how it really is.

Not trying to be funny, but I remember people saying the same thing about Jeff Prosperie when he put BD 5th in drums in 2008. Phantom wins. People wanted Prosperie to run for POTUS.

Then in 2019 he gives BD a 10 in achievement, all of the sudden he has no idea how to judge, never calls it like he sees it, BD always wins with Prosperie on the panel etc. 

Not attacking you at all, speaking in general. It's just funny to me how that works.

• Like 2

Congratulations to the Boston Crusaders tonight for a job well done!

Also Congratulations to the Blue Devils on another victory!

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, denverjohn said:

I remember when Tom Float taught De La Salle Oaklands and their percussion kept them in the game. I respect "caption integrity" over caption bleed-over. Keep up the great work, Lauren!

I remember my parents marching in Del 74 lol 

SCV really has an amazing show, i wish it could place higher. with Bloo in front of Crown now though its not entirely impossible but i don't see it happening. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

On Phantom:

Phantom's not really a corps that sticks out in my mind (I'm so sorry if that's offensive, I really don't try to be rude ☹️) aside from a couple shows like Spartacus (duh) and Juliet. That aside, I think this is one of my new faves from Phantom. It combined my 2 favorite shows from them in a cool abstract style and wrapped it up all nicely in a ribbon (tarp?)

For phantom especially it’s really clear what defines them for fans and when they think they have “IT”!!! in their look, which is simply BAD### and in their SOUND!! Simply put for us young peoples, when they “got that dawg in them” in any particular year, you’ll know it, and hear it👀👀

4 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

For phantom especially it’s really clear what defines them for fans and when they think they have “IT”!!! in their look, which is simply BAD### and in their SOUND!! Simply put for us young peoples, when they “got that dawg in them” in any particular year, you’ll know it, and hear it👀👀

Yeah. I get that feeling with a lot of corps. There's years where I can clearly recognize a corps' talent but the show just fails to be memorable or it's just not really my vibe.

42 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

uh what???

7:23 PM
Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI
7:40 PM
DrumLine Battle
7:57 PM
The Cadets - Allentown, PA
8:14 PM
Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA
8:31 PM
Carolina Crown - Fort Mill, SC