Could this be another 1995?

49 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

No one and I mean no one is beating BD this year. 

We've heard this before.  They are good.  Their show design is also good, but better by leaps and bounds better...no.

I recall 2019  and  the Bluecoats run up to finals..I thought then  that the only thing that could spoil  their  championship aspirations, would be HUBRIS..Not that Bluecoats felt that way or anyone else for that matter,  but When you've won all season, the expectation for that to continue can be daunting..So, if BD does as BD does, they should win but if the slightest bit of "Hubris" enters their psyche, taking for granted the hard working competition, then maybe as in 2019 the corps with the most wins doesn't win...imo..peace

10 hours ago, Reed said:

In 1995, Blue Devils went into finals week undefeated and seen by many as the undisputed favorite to win a back to back championship.  They had a great show, and even though some corps had gotten close, no one had topped them all season. Their show, Carpe Noctem, had all the makings of a champion, but in the end, Cavaliers and Cadets passed them in Buffalo to take the gold and silver, respectively, leaving BD with the bronze.

Could that happen this year?  I don't see why not... It would certainly make things interesting this weekend!

When you say could this be another 1995 do you mean that the stadium lights will go out at exactly midnight just before the Cavaliers encore performance?   because that happened in 1995 😁

This is a tough one to call but I would say movement in the top three is definitely possible. All I hope is that the best corps wins… And much like Granny I hope the victorious corps is the one that performs / executes / communicates with the most emotion 

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Like 1

At this point, it is how well this rookie, yet veteran in a way, BD corps reacts to championship week.  They have soaked up all guidance from the staff and they have received lots of praise regarding their growth all year.  They got the goods and now it is time to do it up.  It feels similar to 2003, where a heavy veteran group aged out after 2002 and a new set of members lead they way forward.