Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

From being hit so hard with Covid and falling behind, to making a statement as they push their way into finals. Very happy for Troop, and COLTS! The Colts came from behind as well and steadily worked their way up all season long.

What a couple of great stories. One absent since 2007 and one absent since 2009. Wow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

Forget about this score nonsense, the important thing that everybody wants to find out is if that one marcher from SCV will be out there with one symbol again tonight

Yeah,  what happened with that?  Strap broke?

5 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

I go to a lot of high school band shows in the fall to see the DCI  style drumlines.    The only time you hear woodwinds is if a soloist is mic'd up front or no other sections of the band are playing.  Then just barely.   Nothing against the kids, but only good reason to have woodwinds outside is to fill out the drill.

Then you must not be paying attention to TX.  You should watch Hebron HS.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

Forget about this score nonsense, the important thing that everybody wants to find out is if that one marcher from SCV will be out there with one symbol again tonight

Bottom of the "V"?

1 minute ago, 27Socal said:

Yeah,  what happened with that?  Strap broke?

Oh...that.  

I've been sitting here reading that since it was posted thinking, "I don't think I remember anyone #1 symbols in the show...are they talking about an OM symbol.  There's gestures but not a visual of the Sanskrit for it."  

Oh.  Cymbal.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, martin84 said:

Troopers and Colts both make Finals.

Who would have predicted this three weeks ago?

Actually I did lol.  I could have easily been wrong....  So glad I wasn't.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Y’all remember last time Troopers made finals and Brandt had a voice crack? I hope it happens again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1