Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

Can't hear the woodwinds,  unless you mic them.  Those instruments were designed for small indoor venues.   They are a waste of time in a huge football stadium.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m sitting here after 54 years, paid over $700 to sit here for three days and he’s calling me stupid.  

I've followed your posts here and I'm pretty sure they weren't talking about you two. I could, however, tell you who they were talking to. 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, 27Socal said:

Can't hear the woodwinds,  unless you mic them.  Those instruments were designed for small indoor venues.   They are a waste of time in a huge football stadium.

I dunno. Saxophones and piccolos are pretty loud. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

I love Calgary Stampede's "best of" show, but they wouldn't performed before the competition... Not between the 9th and 10th ranked corps. 

I agree. Calgary is wonderful. Nice band with a good sound and you can tell that many of the kids take lessons. This would have been good before the competition. I am glad to hear they are doing sound sport tomorrow. Their competitive field show was pretty good, and I think DCI did them a favor to let them compete this year in hopes to get more Canadian groups to take part in Sound Sport or DCI competition if they decide to go all brass. The kids seem well behaved and classy. But this should have been before semifinals and not between two hotly contested shows. Oh well.

But Bravo to Calgary for coming down and joining in the festivities. 

1 minute ago, 27Socal said:

If woodwinds ever are legalized for DCI, I imagine they will be small-ish ensembles on stages near the FE with micorphones 

• Like 1

Ummmm so much for the scores. Come on flo

Edited by ThePlanets

Calgary Stampede is reminding me of my college marching band days! 😍

• Like 1