Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

19 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Let's go bloo

Ironic because Bloo is from Ohio. And you would never catch an Ohioan uttering those words ever. 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, lawdn said:

No nerves tonight for BD. Boston magnificent again - a little less energy but more precise. But BD now know it can do this and it showed in a masterful performance. I predict they open the gap to more than 1 point. But what do I know?

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Hope the soloist in the opener nails it tomorrow night. Small moments of intonation issues but hard to blame them for small mistakes when you see their horn book. Other corps are simply not taking the same risks in their horn books that BD is in regards to the register they’re asking the entire corps to play in during some very exposed moments. Bloo, Crown, and BAC have some very rhythmically challenging music in their books, but much of it is being played in keys and registers that are much easier to tune. I’m in awe that BD has gotten it this clean, congrats BD and hoping for their best run yet tomorrow! 

It's okay. Founders trophy goes to the Blue Devils! You are safe buddy!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It’s not necessarily the formula works, but the system works. 2 feeder corps and they all help each other out.  The kids that “graduate” to the next corps are inbred with what it takes to be a champion.  These kids know what they need to do and fix in this last week.  Then you take that experience and run over the competition with it.  I coached track and field for 20 years and the teams that were the scariest were the ones who were in the pressure situations of having a bullseye on your back, because stress did not get to them.  If you are going to beat the champs, you have walk over them and not let them up.

• Like 3

Just now, skevinp said:

You are.  You disclosed the nuclear codes and there is an APB out for you.

OMG that's not even funny right now....

• Haha 4

If BAC doesn't win drums and Bloo doesn't win visual tonight I am starting a riot.

• Haha 3

I would not be surprised to see Bluecoats take 2nd place tonight. It's a tough call. Boston is magnificent, so is Bloo. So is Crown, and of course BD is the king of the hill for now. I'm probably wrong but I think Bloo nips Boston tonight. 

• Like 5

Vanguard Cadets seem to be rising to the occasion ..... though is it me or do the horn outfits look like they escaped from "A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Forum"? .....

Nah, it's me .......

• Haha 1