Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

4 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Ironic isn't quite the word, I don't think. Symmetrical, maybe. Poetic. It would, however, be a change from the recent past. 2015, for example.

it would be very today's DCI - the "better show" knocks out a MUCH better performing corps

Oh boo. They are just playing around not performing their show

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Yeah.  I mean. I get the changes and I'm not really against most of them.  But the tone of this is "We're the designers and our decisions are the future and we're just going to go where we want."  

I appreciated seeing their perspective, even if it was sanctimonious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

The Mandarins director was particularly offensive.  Basically called people too stupid to understand.   I was sitting here saying oh #### off. 

I’m sitting here after 54 years, paid over $700 to sit here for three days and he’s calling me stupid.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, Mandies! You brought it tonight! ( Despite the ridiculous comments of the admin). 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Had to catch your show today Academy.  Best run I’ve seen all year!  Best wishes for the off-season.  

Whiskey, MOST DEFFINATELY! I followed THE ACADEMY here in Tempe since early May, and all 8-weeks of tour including the 14-1 rainout Flo Feeds that included them. i couldn't had Fathom their 2022 Tour to be (for me personally😥) the Most Frustrating tour to endure from afar  since I started touring with them since 2004!

HOWEVER, My Heart is bursting with Arizona Pride to see them put behind them an extrodinary summer Endurance Test of their metal, culminating in a 4+ point jump in Prelims and followed up today with a most satisfying, rewarding, inspirational life affirming Semi performance Creation that I and the Willy Wonka Corps of Oompa-Loompas, could have ever imagined. BRAVO, your delivery today was delectably delicious, and your Fans were Gobsmacked to their feet. The Academy's motto is: "The Effort IS The Prize". I know they walked off the field  of competition Heads held up, leaving behind their Greatest of Prizes of the 2022 DCI 50th Anniversary Summer Tour. BRAVO and ENJOY! 💜

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m sitting here after 54 years, paid over $700 to sit here for three days and he’s calling me stupid.  

My reaction as well.

• Like 2

Calgary -- I think they don't have any synth bass -- contras only. At last it sounds that way in the stadium. 

• Like 2