Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

Mandarins this season have seemed to have some trouble lining up the timing of the opening electronic pulse alongside the drumline in the intro. This was probably the closest I've heard it being locked in all season. What a time to do it! It's a really effective intro and sets the stage very well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Granny Smith said:

It could be the four gin and tonics kickin' in but the Mandarins' show is sleepy to me. 

I think they’re great, but I got bored watching it tonight. I’m not really sure why. 

• Like 3

This video is so sanctimonious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Trumpet2 said:

I think they’re great, but I got bored watching it tonight. I’m not really sure why. 

Because 11-17 were emotionally draining and brought their A game.

Mandarins are pretty much a lock in finals. The other groups know it could very well be their last this season.

• Like 2

having this feature about change and evolution on right before the 'visiting' group that has woodwinds is...an interesting choice. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Musicman1084 said:

Mandarins this season have seemed to have some trouble lining up the timing of the opening electronic pulse alongside the drumline in the intro. This was probably the closest I've heard it being locked in all season. What a time to do it! It's a really effective intro and sets the stage very well.

A couple other edgy ensemble issues seemed cleaner tonight too. I think overall a better performance than last night. I think their spot for 9th or 10th is safe from the corps below. 

• Like 2