Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

1 minute ago, Den8uml said:

Thankfully boston brass came in second! since everyone in the stadium knew their guard was amazing with the hardest content by far…except the judge. And only tonight’s, no others this season. That allows for that second place tie! 

That’s a pretty arbitrary way of breaking down the numbers, don’t you think? 

33 minutes ago, Maleguena1988 said:

Tying two consecutive nights, I need an answer one way or another. 

So average all 3 nights then...LOL

Is it really that important?

Just now, Liahona said:

So average all 3 nights then...LOL

Is it really that important?

I’m just super happy for Boston. Was genuinely afraid Crown might take the bronze. 

Just now, MikeRapp said:

I understand what you are saying, but three corps scored higher than Crown. Not two.

Ya i realize that. But Crown has the third-highest score value, is what I’m saying. Silver is technically a single slot, yet it’s occupied by two corps. Letting Crown be bronze for having the third-highest numerical score isn’t that much more arbitrary!

Just now, MikeRapp said:

That’s a pretty arbitrary way of breaking down the numbers, don’t you think? 

Yup! I agree haha.  I honestly had an amazing night in Indy, that guard Score is is pretty terrible considering they might be the best guard of all time. Super excited about silver for them though.  

• Like 1

Just now, saxfreq1128 said:

Ya i realize that. But Crown has the third-highest score value, is what I’m saying. Silver is technically a single slot, yet it’s occupied by two corps. Letting Crown be bronze for having the third-highest numerical score isn’t that much more arbitrary!

No other competitive org does it that way. In the Olympics if two tie for silver there is no bronze.

• Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I’m confused. A tie for 2nd.

Does  that make Crown 3rd?  Is there a bronze?  

Three corps scored better than Crown.  That makes them fourth.  I don’t know how my wife and apparently a few others don’t get this.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

man, i am so proud of Bloo and BAC. both worked their rears off and gave it their all tonight. i am happy with the scores tonight and overjoyed to see BAC in 2nd! 

• Like 2