2023 Season Predictions

5 hours ago, An_drew said:

Next level doesn't doesn't even BEGIN to describe it.

I'm almost 25 years old. The last time BD placed outside the top 2, I was 8 years old and just starting 3rd grade. I didn't know what drum corps was and I hadn't even joined band yet. In my firsthand experience as a drum corps fan, I've never known a time that BD wasn't in the top 2. Truly remarkable.

Anyway here's a top 6 prediction:

1. Blue Devils

2. Boston Crusaders

3. Carolina Crown

4. Bluecoats

5. Blue Stars

6. Phantom Regiment

I will say this, we know when BDs reign comes to an end (and it will as with all things) the ABBD crowd will be dancing and singing in the streets.

Me............................I am going to take a moment and appreciate the dominance and success BD has had to that point. Because while no one knows what the future holds, I feel comfortable saying we might not ever see dominance like this in DCI ever again. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I will say this, we know when BDs reign comes to an end (and it will as with all things) the ABBD crowd will be dancing and singing in the streets.

Me............................I am going to take a moment and appreciate the dominance and success BD has had to that point. Because while no one knows what the future holds, I feel comfortable saying we might not ever see dominance like this in DCI ever again. 

The thing is they could always stay a dominant top 3 with the consistency they have to breed the next consistency. I mean the majority of big names have been there for what 30 years? 

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

I don't think we'll see a streak as long as BD's. There's no catching up at this point. Maybe Cadets and Cavaliers can, but it's a long streak.

2 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I predict that Bluestain will enjoy The Cavaliers show more than the Blue Stars. 

..... I'm just kidding.... lol!!!!!!! Don't destroy me lol!!!!

2019, Cavaliers was my favorite show of the year, even though my beloved Blue Devils were two of the best corps alongside Bloo. 

LOVED Ghostlight! But the Cavies that year won me over. What a show!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I don't think we'll see a streak as long as BD's. There's no catching up at this point. Maybe Cadets and Cavaliers can, but it's a long streak.

DCI won't exist long enough for anyone to get close to BD's streaks.  However... Bucs have won 14 of the last 16 DCA titles and finished 2nd the other two years.  In fact, the last time Reading finished lower than 4th was... 1997.  That's 20th century folks!!!

Of course, the last time BD finished lower than 5th was... 1974.  :tic:

Edited by Tenoris4Jazz
added extra history
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

DCI won't exist long enough for anyone to get close to BD's streaks.  However... Bucs have won 14 of the last 16 DCA titles and finished 2nd the other two years.

Well there goes my excitement of wanting to watch Elroy Jetson march for Orbit City Drum and Bugle Corps. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Well there goes my excitement of wanting to watch Elroy Jetson march for Orbit City Drum and Bugle Corps. 

Rut Roh Rorge!

• Haha 3