2023 Season Predictions

1 minute ago, cixelsyd said:

You sure about that?

• none of their 7 DCI titles occurred in years ending in either 3 or 8

Oh good grief. :laugh: Okay, usually when a corps has an anniversary year; the show and corps, overall, tend to be a little more special and a little more driven to create something special and memorable just because. How's that for an expanded answer? :doh::rolleyes::laugh:
Sometimes I think DCP could use a little more "Coffee Shop." :thumbup:

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Oh good grief. :laugh: Okay, usually when a corps has an anniversary year; the show and corps, overall, tend to be a little more special and a little more driven to create something special and memorable just because. How's that for an expanded answer? :doh::rolleyes::laugh:

So which corps anniversary years are you citing as examples of special?

Boston's 80th was 2020, and as we know there was no DCI season.  They celebrated with lots of streamed ZOOM performances while the BOD fundraised and fundraised. And fundraised.  Hoping for a better performance opportunity in the 85th, in just two years.

2 hours ago, NewArpege said:

Oh geez. Obviously, missed some offseason drama. Bummer for the corps, it’s members, and alum. 

Yeah, try to read back through it all.  Lots of drama.  Lots of questions.  A real lack of information from the SCV side.  Oh yeah, lots and lots of opinions on it all.  A summary; a colossal management mess up. Colossal!

57 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

I guess BD has an anniversary year every year.  Oh wait, they do.  Everyone does.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

The Cavaliers tend to bounce back strong after dropping in placement.

For the most part that is.... but we shall see.

1998 was a good 50th Anniversary year. Went from 7th to 4th too, so that tracks too.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1