Boston Crusaders 2023

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

Anything > nothing in my book. If it was November camp I still like hearing stuff 😄

No I get it. Just putting out the timeline for the people here to see

• Like 2

I'm a little jaded by all the white last year so that drum finish is just reenforcing my triggers!

I did get to hear that snippet of music from the January camp, and I like it!

I'm eager to hear more without MR. METRONOME.

Edited by jjeffeory

Uniforms: 

They're certainly different but you know what. I like them

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jameseuph said:

The guard costuming and the musicians costuming don’t make sense together. One is theatrical and one is very modern marching band. 

I think they do. Personally I like what I see and at heart I’m a bring back the red and black kind of guy, so that’s saying a lot. The musician uniforms make up the color of the sea creating a backdrop and the guard tells the story. At least that’s how I see it, but no one has ever consulted me on uniform design, or any design for that matter.

• Like 1

Just now, Tim K said:

I think they do. Personally I like what I see and at heart I’m a bring back the red and black kind of guy, so that’s saying a lot. The musician uniforms make up the color of the sea creating a backdrop and the guard tells the story. At least that’s how I see it, but no one has ever consulted me on uniform design, or any design for that matter.

It makes me sad to see the corps wearing a blue uniform, but I think they look really good and work for the show in a lot of ways. Especially the way that everything drops and hangs it reminds me of someone who drowned having sea weed stuck to them. 
Which is very thematic for a Moby Dick show. 

Though its always been in years past where guard is the big story telling prop and the hornline is background. See basically every show since 17. 

It's like Crown, BD, and Cavaliers Firebird guard uniform from '88 had a baby.

I like it, but it's definitely an amalgamation of ideas.

I LOVE the guard costuming. The corps proper..... there are parts that I like. The nod to a whale tail on the hat. The Blue of the sea. 

I do have to wonder though.... did any sections get old Hartford Whalers gear for tour shirts, hats, etc?

It's too bad that 7th Regiment's home show is not a World Class show anymore (like it was when 7th first started). The New London crowd would eat this show up!!!!