Boston Crusaders 2023

2 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

This is a reasonable ask IMO … I would also like a complimentary beer for everyone in the audience and a copy of the lyrics so that we can sing along as accurately as possible.  

Always wondered how the crowd was brought into the PR Spartacus ending in 08.  Was it done earlier, did the DM direct the fans, etc.?

• Like 1

Listened pretty carefully to Boston's horns tonight.  I didn't hear any evidence of upper-register distortion or tinny-ness.  It sounds like a Gino line to me -- bright.  I don't think there's anything to the horns "issue", 

• Like 1

Another solid job by BAC last night.  Looks like the other two also brought their A Games....

As Sherlock Holmes was known to day, "The game's afoot!"

• Like 2

No doubt, Boston Crusaders are very strong across the board, particularly the Guard. With some tweaking, I can see this corps winning it all. 

In my opinion, the show design could use a better defined stage set. The key prop, a boat, doesn’t quite translate to me. I’d like to see a representation of this vessel with solid brown wooden sides. Possibly using roll-down fabric panels between the vertical structural pieces. Even if only part of the time.

While you’re at it, also consider some kind to end zone protrusions to hint at movement into a dock.

By comparison, the Bluecoats bring greater visual atmosphere to our experience with their production. 

These guys are really prepared!

The wooden dock pilings on the front sideline add a nice frame to the field and help hide their equipment.

It's a nice show!

• Like 1

From the Crusaders Facebook page, earlier today.......

"What an incredible day it was with our friends at FJM — Fred J. Miller Inc.!
While in Ohio today, we had the amazing opportunity to stop by the FJM headquarters, perform for their staff, and tour the factory! Thanks FJM for showing us around today, and all your support throughout the season!"

May be an image of 4 people and text
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Barneveld said:

From the Crusaders Facebook page, earlier today.......

"What an incredible day it was with our friends at FJM — Fred J. Miller Inc.!
While in Ohio today, we had the amazing opportunity to stop by the FJM headquarters, perform for their staff, and tour the factory! Thanks FJM for showing us around today, and all your support throughout the season!"

May be an image of 4 people and text

See? This exemplifies what the activity is about. I am a Blue Devils honk (marched there, taught there), but the concept of people coming together to create something and share in a familial setting is what will last forever.

Beautiful. 

• Like 6