Carolina Crown 2023

On 7/22/2023 at 12:27 AM, karuna said:

While catching BD may well be out of reach,  staying ahead of Bloo and hunting down the whale are both in their reach. Boston came out cleaner than anyone —by a lot.  And while this may be their strongest corps performer-wise I don’t think it’s their strongest show design at all. WE SHALL SEE WHAT TRANSPIRES!    

The die is cast. With a 7th place in percussion (so much for improvement from last year) it looks to be another 4th place finish. Love the corps... but clearly, they are missing something and have not been able to figure it out since 2015.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

The die is cast. With a 7th place in percussion (so much for improvement from last year) it looks to be another 4th place finish. Love the corps... but clearly, they are missing something and have not been able to figure it out since 2015.

Didn't they win in 2013 with a 6th place percussion that was only 1.1 behind 1st place Cadets?  They're not dead yet and most of us would say 2016 Relentless was a great show.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

I was going to ignore this, but while I seem to be in limbo while my account deletion request is in process, I figured I would respond. 

Perhaps you missed it, but I followed up a few posts later and said, no, this has nothing to do with Crown, or drum corps, at all. It’s a personal choice and a mental health matter and that’s all I care to share with you. I don’t know you. You are not a friend of mine. What you say or think about my online personality does not define me or my character and I could not care less about what you have to say about Carolina Crown. They are a great drum corps. In fact, this season proves that there are multitudes of great drum corps. I came here to bid adieu on the Crown thread because it’s where I had encounter the most people and felt the most welcome. God forbid you express you opinion elsewhere and you get eviscerated. There’s a difference in having thick skin, but when I point out and observation, and get attacked by three different people on here in one night, that’s not an environment that I want to devote another second of life’s precious time to. So, I will listen, I will watch, but I will not participate. Because, as it has been so evidently pointed out to me, since I never marched drum corps, my opinion does not matter here. Carry on. 

i did miss it. My apologies for making an incorrect assumption. I wish you the best and take care of yourself.

I am sorry you have had the experience you have had, but as someone who HAS marched, I welcome your opinion and it does matter. People who have marched certainly have experienced something someone who hasn't marched hasn't, but that doesn't mean our opinions are more valuable or we know more. At the end of they day, I always want to talk to someone who shares a common passion with me. There will always be some who know more and some who know less, but it's so hard to come by in day-to-day life.

Best wishes to you. You have to take care of yourself, but I wish you would reconsider.

Edited by Vuitton
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TOC said:

Didn't they win in 2013 with a 6th place percussion that was only 1.1 behind 1st place Cadets?  They're not dead yet and most of us would say 2016 Relentless was a great show.

Yes, they did, and other corps have won ('84 Garfield) despite poor percussion placements and have lost solely based on a poor percussion placement ('81 Devils). In Garfield's case their prowess in other captions was enough to win them the title, in Blue Devils case it was not.

2013 was a championship caliber show design for its time, 2023 is not. You just can't compare the two.

It's frustrating that the design time can't design a show that allows the talent of the corps to capitalize on and have a chance to win. I do prefer Crown's show over the other three in the top 3 (although I'm liking Boston more and more and Bluecoats less and less), but it's not what the judges are rewarding.

I would say 4th is very very very likely come Indy.

Edited by Vuitton
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I would love to see a tie for third this year.  

a 10-way tie  😛

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TOC said:

They definitely aren’t near dead. One judge on one night. I guess MusicMan missed the scores the two nights prior. 
There is plenty of room still for this show to grow ..  I mean pretty wild haired scores on perc and guard last night .. now if it turns into last year’s plateau I’ll says it’s set. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Super Don-O said:

a 10-way tie  😛

"and now for the scores.....

In a tie for the bronze metal.... "

• Like 1
  • Haha 3