Phantom Regiment 2023

42 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Wow, I've got no excuse for that one. I swear I took my Prevagen this morning. 

I take Prevagen every day…..I now have the memory of a jellyfish.🤔

that video has got me excited to see what the corps brings to the field. I feel the BOD and upper management/staff must be thrilled with the new direction. This is not the first time Regiment has reinvented itself! Think 1975, 1987, 1995. Can’t wait for the Phanathon.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I went back and checked what I posted when I was on the oxycodone for two weeks.  Ya never know. 

Xoxoxoxo Terri

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, regimentlvr said:

I really hope they maintain the straight leg technique. It sounds like they may alter this tradition. 

That’s not a tradition just a technique. The new visual staff uses the bent knee approach. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jameseuph said:

That’s not a tradition just a technique. The new visual staff uses the bent knee approach. 

Bent knee is better on the joints.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jameseuph said:

Bent knee marching technique is better on the joints, imho, but marching technique can be part of a tradition as much as anything else.

Instrumentation is also something that can be part of a tradition.

Actually, ANYTHING can part of a tradition. The tradition doesn't have to be good or bad, but if done over and over and is something that a group can be tied to, then it's a tradition if they want it to be called so.

It's been discussed, here on DCP, ad nauseam over the years about the various "traditional" techniques used by the various corps over time. This included straight-leg, bent-knee, scissor, chair-step, bicycle-step, and whatever else there is.

16 hours ago, regimentlvr said:

I really hope they maintain the straight leg technique. It sounds like they may alter this tradition. 

I will say you probably shouldn't get your hopes up