Blue Devils in the Details 2023

14 hours ago, resipsaloquitur said:

and a rookie from the Ayala HS indoor that won Gold

The center quad from Ayala? That kid is insANE 🥵

• Like 3

21 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

The rumor i've heard on the show is really good, I hope it's true. If it is true, then it's definitely something fresh, and still very DNA Blue Devils. I think the crowd is going to love this edition, it should be fun. I've heard two of the rumored rep, but you never know. We just have to wait for the official announcement.

Can’t wait!

• Like 3

On 4/30/2023 at 5:56 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

I wonder why don’t they use Mars?

They haven't used Mars for years. It's more the B and C corp. My guess for Wyoming is to have everyone in one location (dorms) than spread around the Concord area and members looking for housing. 

On 5/1/2023 at 9:31 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

As I have said before- if any Corps other than BD is to win DCI, they will have to beat BD to do it. 

Ahh. Of course they do.  Along with beating everyone else.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

They haven't used Mars for years. It's more the B and C corp. My guess for Wyoming is to have everyone in one location (dorms) than spread around the Concord area and members looking for housing. 

Not to mention less distractions, less lookey-loos, and less risk of leaks,

• Like 2

On 5/3/2023 at 9:08 AM, DFA1970 said:

And training at 7000 feet of elevation will get you in shape fast!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, flugelswerebugels said:

And training at 7000 feet of elevation will get you in shape fast!

That elevation is no joke! I am a diehard 49ers fan, and last season I went to the Niners/Cardinals game in Mexico City Monday Night Football.

Going from 900 ft elevation in SoCal, to 7200 ft in Mexico City............Brandon Aiyuk scored that first TD for the Niners, I jumped up, cheered and screamed, I swear I felt my lungs evaporate in my chest. All the air my body has ever known was gone lol.

• Haha 5

Oh I was big on hiking as an undergraduate in Indiana.  Went to Denver for grad school and like first weekend some friends I'd connected with about hiking and a local, "Oh I know a great spot for hiking."  That great spot was Chicago Lakes trail up near Mt. Evans.  Trailhead is at about 10,600 ft and elevates to 11,750 ft.  I took off at my regular pace and like 5 min later I'm gasping for air like a fish out of water.  Learnt to pace myself up there fast.

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

That elevation is no joke! I am a diehard 49ers fan, and last season I went to the Niners/Cardinals game in Mexico City Monday Night Football.

Going from 900 ft elevation in SoCal, to 7200 ft in Mexico City............Brandon Aiyuk scored that first TD for the Niners, I jumped up, cheered and screamed, I swear I felt my lungs evaporate in my chest. All the air my body has ever known was gone lol.

Acclimation is key, big city air pollution is also an issue in Mexico City pair that with the thinner air and you can imagine why that was!! Compare that to sparsely populated Wyoming and its vast, clean skies, definitely a fantastic place for conditioning for all those students, quite the challenge getting used to at first I’m sure😮😮

You definitely hear the home field advantages altitude provides in sports, Denver is a notable example, Mexico City for its national futbol team and it being a notoriously difficult place for the away team to play. Another example in South America is La Paz in Bolivia, over 11,000 feet above sea level, truly a nightmare for away teams but a tremendous advantage for the home team if they’ve acclimated to the conditions👀

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 1