Madison Scouts 2023

4 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

How long does it take to build a stable program again from the ground up? There is no set time. 

My concern, as a long time Scouts fan and supporter, is that they are trying to build a stable program on what may be an unstable foundation I.E. the organization's administration.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

My concern, as a long time Scouts fan and supporter, is that they are trying to build a stable program on what may be an unstable foundation I.E. the organization's administration.

I agree, but it's what we have currently. I would rather see a new iteration of the Madison Scouts than to see them fold like so many other organizations. We can't have corps constantly dropping like flies.

2 hours ago, Grandpa Joe said:

How long does it take to build a stable program again from the ground up? There is no set time. 

Easiest example - how long did it take for troopers and colts to make it back into finals.  Rebuilds can take times. Hell the Detroit Tigers are in year 7 of rebuilds 

• Thanks 1

Again, just throwing this out there as I know as little about today's DCI as the Man in the Moon, but how much of Madison's or for that matter anyone's comback/making the top 12 driven by these corps themselves (staff, management, talent, finances etc) and how much of it is DCI's (seemingly to my untrained eye anyway) culture, structure, (I'll call it) "favoritism" to the current top corps because of haves/have nots situations and good ol' boy network who (again seemingly to me) are perfectly content having only very slight changes to the top 12 year after year? 

Just asking because I really don't know. I used to like the times when year after year, yeah, you could take a reasonable guess at the top 3 or 4, but the bottom eight was more often than not a case of who's going to squeeze in this year who no one saw coming? Bleu Raders, Belleville Black Knights, Commodores, Purple Lancers, North Star, heck even the Guardsmen for example. 

How does Madison, SOA, Academy and PC battle that? 

5 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Again, just throwing this out there as I know as little about today's DCI as the Man in the Moon, but how much of Madison's or for that matter anyone's comback/making the top 12 driven by these corps themselves (staff, management, talent, finances etc) and how much of it is DCI's (seemingly to my untrained eye anyway) culture, structure, (I'll call it) "favoritism" to the current top corps because of haves/have nots situations and good ol' boy network who (again seemingly to me) are perfectly content having only very slight changes to the top 12 year after year? 

Just asking because I really don't know. I used to like the times when year after year, yeah, you could take a reasonable guess at the top 3 or 4, but the bottom eight was more often than not a case of who's going to squeeze in this year who no one saw coming? Bleu Raders, Belleville Black Knights, Commodores, Purple Lancers, North Star, heck even the Guardsmen for example. 

How does Madison, SOA, Academy and PC battle that? 

I do think that one of the issues plaguing these "bottom corps" these days is the fact that the top corps are employing more and more of the top staff year after year leaving very little for them to pull from. I'm not sure why corps need multiple caption heads for one caption, and I'm sure someone will inform me, but that's one of the bigger issues I see for corps like Madison, SOA, Academy, PC, etc.