Madison Scouts 2023

50 minutes ago, ComicJeff2012 said:

So many great Madison years…among my favorites are 92, 95, 97…..I loved the ballad from 2006 (actually I’ve really warmed up to that entire show over the years)….and speaking of ballads, I’m really liking this year’s ballad and how they reprise it at the end. And I double what Vuitton said about the 84 closer! That was epic! (Btw, I love how the 2015 closer makes a nod to 84!)

Jeff!!!  What is up, man!!  Hope you are well!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scout9193 said:

@kdaddy Ironically, I thought our closer was a bit of a let down after Strawberry Soup.  I remember reworking it musically and drill-wise quite a bit.  I DO remember hearing  from folks that there was a thought of bringing back Remembrance as the closer at some point in pre-season.  I  also *think* they didn't want to play Ice Castles as the first two charts were already from past shows..I think they wanted an "Ice Castles"-esq type song though. .  In my opinion, I'm not sure we had the musical horses that year to pull off Numero Uno, Soup and Remembrance in a show but man it would have been fun to try!  I also believe the groundwork for 1994-1997 from a quality standpoint was laid in 1993.  I recall it being a bit of a transition as most of the 1988/89 guys had aged out and the line was full of younger guys or guys new to Scouts.  Not for nothing..

That's interesting to hear!

One issue with Remembrance, I would guess, is that there wasn't much time left. They would've had to chop Remembrance down a lot. I really like how it turned out... 😀

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

Far from being my favorite but I admire what they did in 2017. Last Man Standing was a bold move. I think it could have set them up to transition into a modern style that was still “Madison”. Alas, they chickened out and did a complete 180. “The heart, the heart”. I really think they squandered what they had built. 

Really dug this as well. A crazy experiment, but admirable in its intent. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 1992AllOverAgain said:

Really dug this as well. A crazy experiment, but admirable in its intent. 

Agreed - it was a great visual update while still keeping the Madison look, and that was really neat.  

Mike

• Like 1

No one has mentioned 1999 yet. Jesus Christ Superstar was fantastic. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, TenHut said:

1979, yes I loved this 8th place show. 

I can still finger Granada Smoothie in my sleep

• Haha 1