An HOUR to get into Lucas Oil Stadium????

28 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m getting behind you in line next year. 

It was dumb luck!

You're welcome to go ahead of me any time!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dannyboy said:

DCI hires the stadium. DCI is the client. The Stadium (and their subcontractors) are at their service, no?

I'd suggest if their contract doesn't specify how many security metal detectors will be open, they sure as hell better add that.

Why was this not a problem in the past?

Yup. If LOS isn't delivering the service it agreed to provide, DCI has a duty, on behalf of its own customers, to raise holy hell. To just shrug and say "we're not responsible for the stadium" is to treat its own customers with contempt.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

If they'd open the roof, I would just skydive onto the field.  Well, if I knew how to skydive...

In Phoenix, when the Fiesta Bowl had a field contest for high school marching bands, they used to start the evening with a military team that dropped from an airplane and paraglided (right term?) through the open roof and onto the field.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, skevinp said:

In Phoenix, when the Fiesta Bowl had a field contest for high school marching bands, they used to start the evening with a military team that dropped from an airplane and paraglided (right term?) through the open roof and onto the field.  

We took our group to Phoenix in the mid 90s for the parade & field competition - Great trip! They kept encouraging us to hype our students to use chapstick & hydrate!  (It's a dry heat even in late December early January.)  I was placed in charge of logistics.

Edit: we were in the old stadium Sun Devil stadium. (I think)      

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

finals for winterguard was also a giant mess this year

people did not know that you had to use your ticket first to get a wristband at a tent on the side, then you use that to get into the stadium, the line was incredibly, stupidly long plus it was very cold and windy

i have very little patience for lines and was headed to the tent to volunteer to help, when i saw the right color coded wristband floating in a very cold puddle of water..yes i did grab it, folded it to make it stick together and got into my seat hours before others did

learned my lesson to get the wristband at the beginning of the intermission  next time

• Like 1